State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
Will be a part of State Street Global Markets Foreign Exchange Confirmations & Settlements Desk, ensuring all trades are matched and instructed within market guidelines.He/She will be expected to engage and communicate daily with:
- GTCB Cash Processing and Investigations teams
- SSGM FX Trading & Middle Office units.
- SSGM FX DBM Team
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Associate you will
- Perform FX Netting Via email or vendor platforms
- Email counterparty to confirm trades
- Reach out to client in case of non-receipts
- Actively delegate with development in mind
- Actively encourage openness and challenge within the team
- Foster an environment that supports effective team work across organizations
- Support the team to collectively identify risk issues for the benefit of all stakeholders
- Share expertise and apply knowledge to improve processes within the team
- Ensure that the focuses on client needs first and drive all efforts to provide exceptional service
- Review and/ or Implement controls when applicable to reduce risk
- Take responsibility for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Should have knowledge of Vendor platform like GTSS, Bloomberg, FXALL and Misys
- Should have knowledge of confirmation Swift for FX
- Should have knowledge about different payment swifts
- Have good understanding of NDF and different FX products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / priorities
- Ability to work under pressure, working to deadlines and dealing with high volumes
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal, with internal and external contacts
- Should have good problem solving and people managing skills
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Customer focus.
- Demonstrates good team working skills
- Ability to think creatively, solve problems and identify opportunities to improve existing processes and controls
- Strong Excel skills – VLookups and Pivot Tables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- MBA or any financial degree Qualification
- Good knowledge in Back office confirmations and settlement
- Good Communication Skills both written and oral
Flexible to work in any shift especially night shifts.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers