At Northwell Health, our 74,000-plus healthcare heroes are raising the standard of care for all in the New York Metro area.
Performs diversified clerical duties including, but not limited to, transcribing handwritten and/or Dictaphone transcription of patient charts, detailed reports and test results.
- Transcribes surgical, cytology, and autopsy reports, as dictated by the pathologists.
- Links appropriate tissue and sort codes during transcription, logging and sign out.
- Logs requisitions into department computer system.
- Edits procedures by department, as required.
- Processes patient registration in computer registration system.
- Sorts, distributes and delivers reports, as required.
- Generates pathology reports according to department guidelines.
- Prepares forms and slides for send out.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, records and delivers messages.
- Maintains files of requisitions and reports.
- Types or photostat article summaries, as required.
- Performs special clerical assignments for Pathologists, as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year medical transcription experience, required.
- Ability to type and transcribe from mechanical dictation equipment at established levels of speed and accuracy.