We are a network of public charter schools in New York, Indiana, and Arkansas, providing opportunities for children to discover, achieve, and prepare for success in college and beyond.
Are you a school safety advocate seeking a position that provides family support in urban communities to change kids’ lives? If so, East zChicago Lighthouse Charter School is the right place for you! We are currently seeking an innovative, energetic and committed School Resource Officer to join us for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please submit your application or send your resume directly to Christine Ginty at email@example.com for consideration.
- Lighthouse Academies of Northwest Indiana is an established network of K-12th grade schools striving to make positive changes in public education in Gary and East Chicago.
- We are currently collecting resumes for School Safety/Resource Officer candidates for an immediate start.
- All candidates interested in being part of a school culture focused on rigorous academics, restorative practice and innovative learning will be highly considered.
Will you be the next strong addition to our 2022-2023 team of change-agents in the classroom? Find out by applying now!
- Provides a safe and secure environment, by monitoring and assessing the school campus and area around the building.
- Proactively and creatively supports the school culture to support a safe and strong culture.
- Answers alarms and investigates disturbances.
- Monitors entrance and departure of students, parents/guardians, and other visitors.
- Keeps a log of all visitors entering and exiting the building and have them check into the main office.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Calls police, fire department, or ambulance in cases of emergency.
- Answers telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information as needed.
- Communicates with supervisors and co-workers via phone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Resolves conflicts.
- Assists with office duties, such as writing tardy passes, ensuring parents and visitors follow the school’s visitor protocol, and assisting visitors who come to the office.
- Ensure students are meeting hallway transition and bathroom expectations. Records and reports scholars who do uphold expectations.
- Records and reports scholars who struggle consistently with following directions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience as a School Resource Officer or as a Security/Police Officer
- Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board (LETB) Graduate
- Certified by a recognized LETB program
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Knowledge of state and local laws that apply to school settings
- Passionate about the education of scholars
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural tendency toward collaboration
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills
- Considerable ability to communicate effectively and to follow both oral and written instructions
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills; demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- This position requires light to moderate lifting and long periods of standing.