Capital One is a nationally recognized and high-tech business banking company, offering better customized consumer and commercial lending and deposit financial services.
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Cyber Security Consultant, Sr. Manager – Information Security Office (Remote-Eligible)
Cyber Security Consultant, Sr. Manager – Information Security Office
At Capital One, you will help consult on initiatives, programs, and projects to raise their game in Information Security and Risk Management. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of risk and security, but also willing to know when to pull in experts and escalate. You collaborate and innovate with other teams within Capital One to push the envelope. You are comfortable with technologies like Cloud services, Containers, Docker, Microservices, Serverless, APIs, DevOp and micro-segmentation. Security is essential to what we do here, from protecting our customers to our associates .
- Act as a central point of contact for your line of business to the rest of Capital One’s Information Security and Risk Management
- Coordinate and execute proactive Information Security consulting to the business and technology teams covering Infrastructure Security, Resiliency, Data Security, Network Architecture and Design, and User Access Management
- Serve as an expert in Capital One’s Information Security capabilities, solutions, policies, procedures and standards
- Influence customers to leverage security capabilities and solutions to shift and integrate security to the left in the development processes
- Escalate and manage cyber security risk
- Provide ad hoc support on special Information Security hot topics for the business
- Provide regular updates to executive leadership with your line of business on the overall Information Security health and risk environment
- Work with line of business leadership to anticipate their objectives and needs to better serve the line of business
- You have a desire to work in a very fast moving, forward leaning, and modern computing environment
- You have a deep passion for Securing modern computing platforms
- You have a strong desire to continually learn about new technologies
- You possess strong conceptual thinking and communication skills
- You are able to work well under minimal supervision
- You are a demonstrated leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including upper management, IT leaders, and technology vendors
- You maintain calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- You have a deep understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 7 years of experience providing guidance and oversight of Security concepts
- At least 7 years of experience performing security risk assessments and security architecture reviews
- At least 5 years of experience with Architecture, software design, networking or Cloud infrastructure
- 10+ years of experience with Architecture, software design, networking or Cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar fields
- Proven experience in securing a public cloud environment (AWS, GCP or Azure), AWS preferred
- Experience building software utilizing public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure), AWS preferred
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies
- Experience with Software Security Architecture
- Experience with Application Security
- Experience with Threat Modeling
- Experience with Penetration Testing or Vulnerability Management
- Enterprise Monitoring experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Professional certification (AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience in Offensive or Defensive Security techniques
- Experience in a regulated environment
At this time, Capital One Will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).