NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a top 10 global IT services provider with 130,000+ employees in more than 50 countries.
A) Skills & Qualifications
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Database performance tuning.
• Planning, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting of high-availability database environments (Always-On, Clustering, Mirroring, etc.).
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes, for effeciency and cost optimization.
• Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• Work directly with end customer, business stakeholders as well as technical resources.
B) Skills & Qualifications
• 10+ years of experience on SQL Server 2008/2012/Above versions in database administration, in an enterprise environment with multiple database servers is required.
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Experience with database administration
• Experience with incident and problem queue management.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
• Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving skills
• Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
• Ability to work independently, with little or no direct supervision.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
• Strong ITIL foundation, Continual Service Improvement and Total Quality Management experiences.
C) Nice to Have: (Optional)
• Experience with scripting.
• Experience in SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL.
• Experience supporting Logical DBA activities.
• Experience complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
D) Preferred Education:
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
Job Segment: DBA, Database, System Administrator, PLM, Computer Science, Technology, Management