Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora is a nationally recognized healthcare provider, caring for patients in Wisconsin and Illinois. We help people live well.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of clerical, administrative, and patient service functions to ensure a high level of productivity. Provides for ample staffing and coverage within areas of responsibility. Monitors staff interactions and documentation for quality assurance.
- Ensures accurate compilation of provider schedules, scheduling and visit closure processes and service to referrals to meet both provider and patient expectations.
- Ensures accuracy of patient registration information, including patient demographics, insurance information and validation, referral data, and other information needed for patient registration. Ensures caregiver skill in patient payment collection, accuracy of cash handling processes and standards, and answering patient payment questions and issues.
- Supports the planning, organizing, development and implementation of system changes and process improvements and effectively manages changes. Monitors quality and patient satisfaction data and ensures caregivers meet all department metrics to ensure service standards are met.
- Serves as a resource for staff in resolving complex patient questions, concerns and issues. Works closely with leadership, contact center, and staff to resolve complex questions and concerns, ensuring patient issues are addressed with appropriate service recovery applied.
- Ensures caregiver competency and accuracy in direct patient contact for visit closure, post visit follow through, or other visit needs, and ensures clinical information is addressed by appropriate clinical staff.
- In collaboration with leader, develops, updates and implements policies and procedures to ensure safe and efficient flow of operations. Provides input into the operating, personnel and capital budget processes for areas of responsibility and is accountable for operating within that budget.
- Collaborates with clinical leadership and other site management to provide pertinent information for the purpose of patient registration, scheduling, insurance verification, insurance billing and day-to-day problem solving.
- Resolves patient and internal/external customer complaints and issues and collaborates with other departments, quality and leadership when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with staff, providers, leads and other supervisory personnel. Represents the department at intradepartmental meetings and functions.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which includes coaching on performance, completes performance reviews and overall staff morale. Recommends hiring, compensation changes, promotions, corrective action decisions, and terminations.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the organization’s business.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.
- High School Graduate.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in providing customer service for a large or multi-site physician practice that includes experiences in automated patient registration, physician referral processes and third party insurance guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated leadership skills such as delegation, team building, managing multiple priorities, problem solving, and decision making.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with a variety of patients, staff, leadership, and physicians.
- Excellent organization, customer service, and human relations skills.
- Intermediate computer skills including experience in using personal computers; including Microsoft Office or similar applications, and electronic mail.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Generally exposed to a normal office environment.
- Position requires travel; may be exposed to road and weather hazards.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.