Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Join the compliance team supporting our rapidly growing and evolving payments business, and help us make history!
The Financial Crimes Compliance team defines, builds, and continuously evaluates controls across the Compliance systems and processes. We perform risk assessments, identify control needs, and drive control buildout, remediation, and improvements. We work closely with technical, business, legal, and operations teams to review process and system designs and provide input on controls solution.
As a risk manager, you will lead projects to identify technical, functional, operational, and compliance risks, and drive projects to remediate issues, including technical and process fixes. You will own and maintain the launch of new projects and programs and work with teams across Amazon to track remediation, resolve issues, and report progress.
• Lead the development of transaction monitoring strategies based on applicable business and compliance objectives and risks.
• Use GRC and change management concepts and practices effectively.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation starting from the business requirements and all the way to implementation details.
• Give input to the strategy and design of new systems and processes.
• Coordinate with multiple partner teams to assess risks and align controls across platforms.
• Perform business analysis and data queries using query and scripting languages.
• Measure rules, controls, and processes efficacy and create monitoring reports and metrics.
• Evaluate known issues and identify root causes through end-to-end compliance processes.
• Train control and process owners and technical teams on controls, testing, and risk management. Lead and oversee control testing, as needed.
• Plan and manage multiple parallel projects.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with different priorities.
• Communicate risk posture and project information to stakeholders in a concise, accurate, and professional manner.
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, be open to new ideas and have Amazon’s success firmly in your focus.
• Committed to getting things done, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain attention to detail, resolve issues, and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Proven ability to think and act strategically.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement, problem solve, and make decisions in complex situations.
• Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate and deliver results in highly ambiguous environments.
• The ability and willingness learn new skills and ramp quickly to new requirements.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment while working independently in determining the best path forward.
• 4+ years of prior experience in Payments Compliance, Audit, or Risk Management and working with technology partners, databases, Analytics, or Business Intelligence.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive level presentations.
• BS degree.
• Must be able to work on-site in Arlington, VA. Domestic relocation assistance provided.
• Working knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations, including sanctions and OFAC regulations.
• Payments, e-commerce, or FinTech background.
• Experience driving process and technology changes in large organizations.
• Experience with data analytics and metrics.
• Experience in creating a vision for the future of the compliance department that encompasses engineering, data analysis, and compliance as a whole.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.