State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
State Street is rapidly evolving and transforming its technology posture and practices. If you are interested in technology risk, looking for a change and willing to learn, then this is the position for you. While many transformative initiatives are designed to improve operations, they can also introduce new risks. The Technology Risk Management team engages with subject matter experts to identify, document, and then ‘put these controls to the test’ to ensure risks have been addressed. This position is exposed to global processes and a wide variety of technology platforms and applications.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As Technology Controls Assurance – Officer you will
- Support technology controls identification, drafting, and assessment programs
- Support the evolution of first-line assurance standards and best-practices to enable a ‘single view of IT’
- Collaborate with a larger assessment team, executing and driving towards a common target
- Execute controls testing as part of larger assurance programs, raising observations for formal management review, and advising recommendations for improvement
- Engage key stakeholders including IT management, IT Risk Directors and supporting teams, and Corporate Audit to assemble evidence, discuss exceptions, and issues
- Support the review and reporting of technology risk and compliance information for measurement, analysis, and senior management communications, as directed
- Provide regular status updates and communicate supporting project management reports, as directed
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to produce a quality work product
- Assist with the collection of data to be used for management reporting and project initiatives
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate supports the fulfillment of organizational strategies and objectives
- Motivated and team oriented individual who possesses the ability to work in an energizing environment while handling multiple tasks
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree preferred
2-3 years’ experience in technology operations and/or IT auditing
IT audit experience strongly preferred
Professional designation a strong plus or desire to obtain in 1-2 years (eg. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC)
Ability to work independently with guidance from team members and leads
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.