The Administrative Assistant provides support in all administrative tasks. This includes but is not limited to answering phones, filing, communicating with clients and customers, and scheduling staff. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to effectively communicate, answer telephones, and operate office equipment in a fast-paced environment.
• Answering phones
• Responsible for filing documentation
• Communicates with clients and customers
• Operates office equipment like fax machines and copiers
• Consults with higher level authority for resolution of difficult issues. Submits and processes invoices
• Sets up meetings, including preparation, and taking of meeting minutes
• Responsible for data entry and analytical work.
• Provides clerical support
• Seeks to improve efficiency of daily operations
• Responsible for processing invoices & completing payroll
• Maintains timely, accurate and detailed documentation required by management
• Possess professional etiquette
• Outstanding customer service and interact effectively with customers, employees, and the broader community
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Previous customer service experience required
• High School Diploma/GED required
• 1-3 years previous administrative or office experience preferred
• Candidates should have a validated understanding of computers, Microsoft Office, printers, fax machines, telephones, and photocopiers.
• Shows initiative, follows established procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication & listening skills
• Demonstrates self-development, and integrity
• Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Strong digital literacy skills required i.e. Microsoft office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.