Allstate is dedicated to helping people live the good life every day and protect what matters to them most, whether it’s their home, car, or family.
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Business Information Security Officer (BISO) serves as the trusted advisor, both to the business unit and to the VP and Deputy CISO. This individual will liaise between the business unit and Allstate Information Security (AIS) keeping clear lines of communication including, but not limited to, transparency to the business on upcoming security initiatives and reporting of security risks to the CISO and appropriate committees. Also, the BISO serves as a key player in the information security incident response process, from identifying impact to the business and to consumers, to helping shape remediation, and developing external and internal message points. In addition, the BISO will ensure business compliance with Information Security Policy and Standards while continuously monitoring and reporting on risks and documented exceptions.
- Ensure program is aligned with the AIS Information Security Program, Policies and Standards
- Ensure inclusion of all applicable regulatory, legal and contractual obligations
- Leverage the Enterprise and AOR specific Information Security Risk Assessments to establish and monitor the program
- Provide input into the Allstate Corporation Information Security Program
- Review and provide input into the Information Security Policy and Standards
- Ensure clear lines of communication between AOR and the Chief Information Security Officer
- Support the Business Unit and CISO in seeking cost optimization and driving reduction in operations costs of managing the security controls
- Increase levels of security across designated Business Unit
- Improve compliance with security standards and policies across Business Unit teams
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of related experience
- Strong understanding of audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements pertaining to information security, privacy and/or data security
- Project management experience highly desired
- Ability to manage multiple complex priorities and competing agendas without express authority over delivery teams
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business
- Analytical aptitude with an emphasis on investigative, methodical critical questioning and logical thinking; a data-driven decision maker
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here“. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here“. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.