goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
Goldman Sachs Trust Company (GSTC) is seeking a Senior Trust Officer to lead one of our major fiduciary management teams based in our New York office. The Senior Trust Officer will be primarily responsible for the management and administration of key relationships and fiduciary accounts for Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (“PWM”) clients around the country.
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
GOLDMAN SACHS TRUST COMPANY
An essential component of Goldman Sachs’ private wealth management offering, The Goldman Sachs Trust Company, N.A. (“GSTC”) is a limited-purpose national bank providing world-class trust, estate and charitable administration services to ultra-high-net-worth clients across the United States.
GSTC leverages the global resources of Goldman Sachs to deliver integrated fiduciary management and administration, as well as comprehensive best-in-class investment management. Our team of dedicated fiduciary professionals collaborate closely with Goldman Sachs’ Private Wealth Advisors (“PWAs”) to provide our clients with superior service, while observing our responsibilities as an independent, professional fiduciary.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Our Senior Trust Officers are the core of our service offering, and are expected to:
- Oversee a team of trust professionals responsible for the management of a significant book of Trust Company business.
- Work closely with PWAs to develop and manage multigenerational relationships with clients, families and beneficiaries
- Interpret estate planning documents, including trusts, wills and other governing instruments
- Understand and apply relevant laws, regulations and best practices to implement complex estate planning strategies and manage fiduciary risk
- Issue recommendations to GSTC’s Trust Account Review Committee for discretionary actions, including beneficiary distributions
- Determine investment goals and client objectives and coordinate the investment process with GSTC investment officers and PWAs
- Coordinate income tax compliance for fiduciary accounts with GSTC’s tax advisors
- Contribute to internal and external marketing and thought leadership efforts, including representing GSTC in meetings with prospects, attorneys, and other professional advisors
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7 to 10 years of experience in trust and/or estate planning and administration
- College degree required
- Law degree a strong plus
- CTFA designation a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work both autonomously and collaboratively with members of a broader team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity