You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
- Derivative Valuations are a centralised global utility that support a number of functions across various business lines. We are responsible for valuing OTC derivative assets for inclusion in;
- The NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in APAC, Europe, India and across several US locations.
- The valuation of pension funds for global companies based in APAC, Europe and the US.
- Driving margin calls as part of our collateral management business.
- Regulatory reporting and risk analysis by the bank and our clients.
- The group consists of 60+ people in permanent roles in New York, Ireland, Poland, and India.
- Review the daily pricing of OTC assets, manual price input and price exception validation review for a variety of clients.
- Understand the theoretical/technical nature of all OTC securities and the data required for accurate calculation of OTC positions.
- Provide oversight for global departments: ensure an excellent service standard, maintain a flow of communication, build relationships and continuously manage workflow between onshore and offshore locations.
- Suggest improvements to processes and taking ownership of service provided to clients.
- Deliver work within a tight, deadline driven environment.
- Manage the take-on of new clients, this will involve working with both the client and various internal departments – Trade Capture, Fund Accounting, Reconciliations etc..
What We Can Offer You
- An environment where you will develop sound technical knowledge of a variety of derivative products, including vendor and broker pricing, corporate events and security master creation and maintenance.
- Opportunity to develop project management skills.
- Exposure to major global financial institutions.
- A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
- Be the primary point of contact for audit, client, compliance, management and trustee issues. You will raise all relevant issues promptly to senior management.
- Maintain accurate MIS details ensuring statistics are updated on a daily basis confirming volumes, timeliness and accuracy details.
- Provide training on the theoretical/technical nature of all OTC securities to staff members.
- You will be responsible for the integrity of the security master data on the OTC database, review and sign-off the master records completed by the analysts and supervisors.
- Attend meetings with internal Fund Accounting Teams and external clients to discuss open issues and service levels where minutes are kept outlining decisions and action points.
- Support the take on of new business into the team for existing client serviced and new business. Expected to play a critical role in shaping and defining operational model
- Where high volumes are projected, flag any potential service delivery issues as early as possible and assist other team members as directed by line-management.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred:
- Engineering / Data Analytics
- 5-7 years experience preferred.
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred but not essential.
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Dependability, flexibility and the ability to lead by example.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.