State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a candidates with experience in Collateral Management to reduce credit risk by exchanging cash/securities with counterparties. Should have knowledge in calculations based on MTM and results in sending Margin calls. The position will contain a basic training to carry out activities by working both remotely from home and from office.
Why this role is important to us:
Collateral management main focus is to reduce credit risk by exchanging eligible cash or securities between counterparties. The daily calculations are based on MTM of the underlying trades and results in sending Margin Calls, which in turn lead to agreeing transfers. Based on the agreements between our clients and the counterparties the Collateral team in India ensures that all the exposures are fully collateralized and the agreed collateral transactions settle as agreed..
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Associate – Emerging Lead you will:
• Margin call processing – Process daily margin calls daily for all agreed clients, who will include banks and fund clients and both cash and security margin calls.
• Reconcile collateral balances, investigate and solve discrepancies; be the main point of contact/ escalations
• Fails investigation – Checking the cash non-receipt reports and the custody settlement system (MCH) and initiating correspondence with the client
• Reporting – Generate a variety of reports, which includes client and internal reporting from an access database and Protocol.
• Portfolio reconciliations – Completing any daily or ad hoc manual portfolio reconciliations.
• Interest Processing – Month end interest statement generation, settling interest, updating interest agreements, and updating and validating interest rates.
- Project management and execution of transition activity
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work
- Review and document process flows/procedures and contribute new ideas/improvements to further streamline the process
- Build new tools, coordinate implementation of improvements; lead testing
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/ or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work
- Drive LEAN efforts
- Oversee and support ad hoc client requests resolution
- On-board processes, complete testing and documentation
- Build macros, support macro maintenance and coordination with GMAS
- Support current MS Access databases. Project, build and implement new solutions
The works have conception, creative and individual character. The effect of work is original vision of solutions which is a unique, individual intellectual creation. The works aims to acquiring knowledge and skills in order to develop new products, processes and services or to make significant improvements to existing products, processes and services. The activities have independent performance and they are largely original. The results of the work are, for example, macros, codes, tests, manual tests, test scenarios, scripts and stories.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel and Outlook; Power Point and Word will be an advantage
- Proficient knowledge of MS Access and VBA
- Very good command of English; effective communication, ability to write and signs off official documents
- Experience in finance and custody
- Knowledge of OTC markets/ derivatives instruments
- Numeracy skills; attention to details
- Accuracy and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and teamwork; organizational skills; supervising group of specialist if need be
- Self-motivated and reliant, flexible
- Project Management methodologies would be an advantage
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduate and above preferably in Finance
- B.COM, BBM/BBA. MBA (Finance), M.COM or any degree related to Finance or Commerce
• Certification on NCFM / CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment)
• Knowledge on Macros, SQL & MS Access Database queries
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers