Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The WHS Officer will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a Regional Distribution and Fulfilment Centres to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. The WHS Officer must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The WHS Officer must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. The WHS Officer will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. The WHS Officer will be required to possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
The Site Safety officer will be responsible to lead a safety team members: Safety Specialist, Safety Coordinators, Onsite first aid Associates. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their Safety Associates on their team. They must communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional.
-3+ years previous experience in Environment, Health & Safety or ME in Industrial Safety Engineering
-Master’s/ Bachelor’s/Diploma in safety/engineering or a related field required. • Experience in reputed private or government organisations
-Experience managing multiple direct reports. • Must be flexible regarding shifts.
-Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment. – Experience managing multiple direct reports
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 200 people preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Government Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy