Bloomberg is an information and technology company, building the world’s most trusted information source and community for financial professionals.
Smarter, Faster, and as always – First. That’s our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions – our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast – while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we’re known. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn’t do anywhere else. It’s up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a digital media savvy, globally experienced, senior business operator to oversee Bloomberg Media’s global partnerships and to drive growth in Quicktake, the company’s global business news social and streaming network. The candidate will work closely with leaders across Bloomberg News, Product, Marketing, Finance, Legal and other functional leaders across Bloomberg LP. Reporting to the CEO for Bloomberg Media, the ideal candidate is someone with a track record of entrepreneurial success, deep understanding of digital media, global partnership experience, and the proven ability to build outstanding teams.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Develop and execute the growth strategy for Quicktake’s business; oversee the P&L and drive the expansion through bold and innovative marketing, programming, and distribution
- Shape the creative vision and source new show production for the Quicktake network in collaboration with editorial
- Oversee the Bloomberg Media Distribution team and accelerate business unit growth through an ambitious global strategy on content licensing, video distribution, and global Bloomberg-branded partnerships
- Oversee the Digital Growth & Business Development team to find new channels of digital revenue and drive incremental audiences across social / technology / digital platforms
- Work with agency and video production partners to oversee the expansion of Bloomberg Media’s IP licensing business
- Internally and externally evangelize the Bloomberg Media story
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- 15+ years of experience in digital media with a proven track record of building, launching, and growing new digital businesses and brands across various formats and channels
- Experience sourcing, negotiating, and operating global deals with major tech and media platforms
- Keen understanding of and deep relationships with the digital, media and tech industries
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to work closely across a matrix
- Operational proficiency with ability to manage large budgets and complex processes involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience building efficient organizations and operational processes across the groups
- A track record of building and leading high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills with analytical, creative, and strategic talent that can effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams
- Detail orientated; superior problem solving and organizational skills; and an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree required; JD/MBA preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.