NG_Careers Northrop Grumman
A leading global security company, Northrop Grumman provides innovative products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber security, and complex logistics to government and commercial clients.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman’s Propulsion Systems currently has opportunity for a Principal/Sr. Principal Energetic Safety Officer working from at our Bacchus (Magna), UT Facility.
Propulsion Systems is recruiting for a dynamic individual to provide leadership and expertise in the area of Energetic Safety at its Propulsion Systems NIROP facility (Bacchus). This job is envisioned as ideal for a strong, seasoned, individual eager to contribute and drive system improvements. Position works under the direction/cognizance of the PSD Energetic Safety Officer
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to interact effectively with internal/external compliance regulators with a high degree of proficiency. This includes resolving customer safety concerns and presenting progress on safety audits and corrective actions.
- Candidate must have a strong technical background to review and evaluate system effectiveness, assess regulatory compliance across the breadth of Propulsion Systems energetic products and processes Work requires the desire and ability to improve employee knowledge of and compliance with safety standards in partnership with leadership of operating departments.
- Experience and skills in manufacturing, processing, testing, storage, hazards analysis, and safety is preferred to support a hands-on approach to assessments and improvement opportunities.
- This role requires an ability to manage the NIROP Energetic Safety Program and SOW execution by influence across all departments to develop, plan, schedule, complete, analyze, track, and follow-up on process assessments, both independently and with groups.
- Formal Siting support, pre- and post, Temporary Authorization to Operate (TAO) , Construction Work Authorization (CWA) support, Facility inspection, maintenance input support, ES Support/Liaison for local SPFB, and SP (SP252, & SPFB105), SSPINST 8020.5 support, Annual self-assessment and Misc. support of NOSSA/DDESB requests
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) technical interpretation of requirements and investigation of compliance systems will be required. (DoD 4145.26, OP-5, etc.)
- Provide DoD 4145.26 & OP-5 support to BOE statement of work and execution of NIROP Capital Maintenance Contract.
- Assess and respond to alternatives to Open Burn (Burning Grounds)
- Creation and maintenance of NIROP Master Plan
- Support of and interface with NAVFAC facility planners and environmental engineers to ensure NAVFAC requirements are implemented in NIROP Capital Maintenance Contract.
- Supports quad party D5 customer notification protocol.
Additional assignments and areas of focus will vary and work will be accomplished across all of Propulsion Systems at the direction of the PSD Energetic Safety Officer. Some travel to other Propulsion Systems locations and possibly customer sites will be required. Professional training and certifications during the job will be identified and encouraged.
- B.S in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related technical field and 5 years’ experience or 3 years with a MS
- Position can be filled at a higher level, 9 years with a BS or 7 with MS
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in a project lead role, preferably in a manufacturing or manufacturing support environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing (writing sample may be requested). Comfortable navigating ambiguity and interacting professionally primarily with compliance regulators and customer personnel as well as across the organization from VP to operator.
- Expert in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective/Preventive Action determination Strong knowledge of Navy Regulations, Propulsion Systems Safety systems, documents, and vocabulary, especially HOPS
- Working knowledge of industrial (OSHA), DoD, Propulsion Systems and other safety requirements, documents, and standards
- Must be a US Citizen or Person
- Must be able to pass an ATF Employee Possessor background check
Salary Range: $87,600 USD – $131,400 USD
Salary Range 2: $108,600 USD – $163,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.