MarketAxess is transforming how the global fixed-income marketplace connects and transacts through their electronic bond trading platform.
MarketAxess operates a leading, institutional electronic trading platform delivering expanded liquidity opportunities, improved execution quality and significant cost savings across global fixed-income markets. A global network of over 1,700 firms, including the world’s leading asset managers and institutional broker-dealers, leverages MarketAxess’ patented trading technology to efficiently trade bonds. MarketAxess’ award-winning Open Trading™ marketplace is regarded as the preferred all-to-all trading solution in the global credit markets, creating a unique liquidity pool for a broad range of credit market participants. Drawing on its deep data and analytical resources, MarketAxess provides automated trading solutions, market data products and a range of pre- and post-trade services.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Amsterdam, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, São Paulo, Hong Kong and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com.
Job Purpose Summary
- Supporting the Open Trading business within the Middle Office & Settlements dept.
This role is responsible for:
- Daily Settlement requirements for post execution process pertaining to Open Trading/non disclosed activity vs MarketAxess Capital Limited.
General Support Responsibilities Include:
- Pre & Post Settlement functions, including reconciliations, Client communications, liaison MA business areas and Operational Risk management.
- Client Onboarding, account creation and reference data maintenance – specifically SSI’s
- Trade confirmation via OMGEO CTM as well as manual
- Proven track record in proactively responding to Counterparty inquiries and requests.
- Experience in working with a Global custodial services provider.
- Proactive record of liaison with Sales and Relationship Managers in relation to Client Counterparty issues.
- Processing of daily trades in MO/BO systems in an accurate and timely basis.
- Resolving all trade & settlement breaks (Nostro/Stock/Control reconciliation exceptions)
- Gathering and maintaining contact and settlement information for all Counterparties on the platform
- Producing and analysing Trading & Settlement data to better understand counterparty settlement trends and be able to report found information to senior management
- Contribute to collaborative working culture within the Global Settlement community at MarketAxess.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Proficiency with Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to calmly comprehend and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong understanding of the Fixed Income Market, including Central and Eastern Europe, & Asian markets along with DTC & Euroclear
- Ability to differentiate between the buy-in rules between ICMA & FINRA
- Knowledge of BNP Services would be an advantage
- The candidate will have a minimum of 4 years
- Knowledge of the Corporate Action/Coupon life cycles advantageous
- Previous experience working with an offshore team
- English minimum requirement, European languages desirable.