- Senior Representative, Fund/Client Accounting - Singapore
- Vice President - Business Development Manager - Intermediary Business - Singapore
- Fund Accounting, Team Leader, APAC - Singapore
- Senior Analyst, Relationship Management - Singapore
- EFX Production Services Analyst/DevOps - Singapore
You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and ’40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
What We Do
Collateral Operations Group Overview and Team Functions
The Collateral Operations group is a global team within the Global Operations & Technology division of BNY Mellon responsible for supporting our clients’ collateral, portfolio reconciliations and dispute management processes. Our clients include many of the premier pension funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, endowments and other financial institutions that use over-the counter and cleared derivatives to manage their financial risks. Collateral Operations is an increasingly specialized function that is vital to counterparty credit risk management. The team is part of the recently formed Derivatives Middle Office Center of Excellence in which staff have an exceptional opportunity to implement change and develop highly transferable skillsets. Amongst others these include, complex derivative product knowledge covering swaps, options, forwards, and futures, project management, an understanding of post-trade derivatives workflow and key industry processing systems, and client support and relationship management.
The key functions of this team include:
- Monitoring collateral calls from counterparties.
- Facilitating margin dispute resolution between parties .
- Verifying delivery of collateral to clients and brokers .
- Cleared and bilateral reconciliations for derivative products traded by our clients.
- Complex problem resolution, serving as the intermediary for issue resolution and post-execution support and communication with counterparties (traders, etc.).
- Involvement in technology projects and enhancements related to our collateral infrastructure.
- Contributing to on-going projects, testing and continuous process improvement .
- Compiling and distributing metrics and management information for reporting.
- Facilitating onboarding of new clients and new business.
Collateral Operations Analyst Role Overview
As a Collateral Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for providing the collateral and portfolio reconciliation support as outlined above to clients on a daily basis. Apart from the daily collateral activities, you will also partner with senior colleagues to identify, develop and implement process changes, and be actively involved in contributing to broader strategic team objectives.
- Applies expertise and judgement in providing quality, and complex client service and support to internal and external clients on a daily basis, including phone interaction, problem resolution, transaction processing (i.e., STP, manual), reconciliations and accounting services, and updates to client accounts in a timely manner.
- Performs complex operational tasks in a product or functional area. Conducts independent analysis and policy interpretation. Performs complex, manual processing of updates to client accounts or company records. Responsible for reconciliations, including reconciling cash breaks, position differences, and gathering and compiling data.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for clients and executes all correspondent requisites in a timely and accurate manner with an understanding of the underlying business and specific client needs.
- Provides product knowledge and technical assistance, determining when the more complex problems should be referred to a supervisor or senior professional.
- Review and check work of other Client Processing Support staff and help resolve escalated issues.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
- Bachelor’s degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience and knowledge in derivatives, reconciliations, brokerage, trade, settlements and cash processing are all skills transferrable to this role but not a barrier to entry as on-the-job product training will be available.
- Process-mindset and an interest in solving complex problems, performing reconciliations, and finding ways to make processes better .
- Interest in advancing technical knowledge specific to derivative and collateral product knowledge .
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.