- Senior Lead Process Engineer - Saint Louis, MO
- Senior Securities Operations Representative - Mutual Funds Service Team - Saint Louis, MO
- Lead Process Engineer - Saint Louis, MO
- ServiceNow Service Product Manager - Saint Louis, MO
- Business Execution Consultant - Saint Louis, MO
wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Operational Risk Officer for the Banking, Lending & Trust Center of Excellence (BL&T). BL&T is a center of excellence that unlocks access to Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) products and services based on client needs. The Lead Operational Risk Officer role is responsible for the independent oversight of front-line operational risk management effectiveness for Banking, Lending & Trust. This role is expected to engage with the business, control group and risk resources within the front line to influence and challenge risk management activities and decisions.
In this role, you will:
- Develop specific subject matter expertise for Banking, Lending & Trust Services (BL&T). BL&T is a client-centric, channel-agnostic center of excellence to deliver best in class product and service offerings to all client segments to grow business in Wealth and Investment Management (WIM).
- Provide independent risk oversight of BL&T with a focus on Core Banking (banking and lending products) and Custom Lending (custom credit solutions across WIM).
- The lead operational risk officer is considered a thought leader and will assist the business oversight leader with all matters pertaining to Operational Risk coverage and oversight.
- Review and challenge significant Front Line operational risk program execution, including, but not limited to projects and business change initiatives, new business initiatives, business continuity, external fraud, information risk management, safety and physical security, transaction processing and execution, third-party risk management and various risk assessment policies and programs.
- Identify and escalate risk matters as well as potential conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes.
- Develop detailed understanding of business strategy, the customer base, products and services and other relevant industry issues, frameworks and emerging risks.
- Build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach through working in cooperation and consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise.
- Leverage experience to bring industry leading standards, practices and tools to the organization.
- Assist Operational Risk leadership with strategy development, key driver in execution of the work function, will also serve as a key contact for business partner.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Operational Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong understanding of core banking and lending products, and custom credit solutions for Wealth and Investment client segments as well as the risks they manifest.
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a highly matrix organization
- Meaningful knowledge of risk management frameworks, including risk identification and assessment, risk appetite and strategy, risk governance, controls, issues management, risk measurement, and monitoring and reporting
- Proven ability to identify risks and recommend best practices for managing risks associated with, but not limited to, fraud, third party, data and records management, privacy, information security, transaction processing and technology risks.
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to exert influence
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and experience in managing risks associated with business process or technology change initiatives
- Deep understanding of corporate/business policies and operational risk programs (Risk & Control Self Assessment, Operational Risk Events, Issues Management, Testing and Monitoring, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skill
- New York City, NY
- Charlotte, NC
- Minneapolis, MN
- Summit, NJ
- St. Louis, MO
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
- New York Pay Range: $ 133,300 – 237,100
$111,100.00 – $197,500.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo’s employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.