Deutsche Bank is a tech-driven provider of financial services, offering corporate, investment, private, retail, and asset management products on a global scale.
Job Title: Front Office Support
Corporate Title: Analyst – Associate
(ALL ROLES TO BE CONSIDERED)
Location: New York, NY
In accordance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements, banks, such as Deutsche Bank AG, are obliged to perform Know-Your-Client (KYC) reviews on all new clients they adopt and periodic reviews of these clients as per their risk category. These checks and reviews are made in strict accordance with regulatory requirements and the Bank’s internal policies. Your responsibilities include verification of client data, performing due diligence checks, reviewing KYC documentation, and risk assessment, liaising with the Business and Compliance/AML teams and advising on KYC requirements.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Classify clients from a risk and regulatory perspective
- Undertake KYC due diligence reviews in a timely manner, as per Deutsche Bank policies
- Analyze AML risks associated with the client – potential risks and operational issues should be identified and escalated as appropriate
- Work effectively with key stakeholders using strong influencing skills to ensure the mutually satisfactory resolution of key issues and that the respective responsibilities are understood, agreed, and escalated where required
- Identify red flag situations and escalate in line with Deutsche Bank policies and procedures
- Appropriate and confidential handling/sharing of sensitive client data
Your Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of Control, Compliance/AML, and Investigation functions in the banking industry
- Understanding of the possible implications of financial sanctions on banks and financial institutions (Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), HM Treasury, EU, and UN sanctions)
- Understanding of the end-to-end KYC and client on-boarding processes
- Ability to understand the risks of dealing with politically exposed persons (PEP’s) and regulatory expectations around dealing with PEP’s
- Understanding of sourcing information from various data sources (Bloomberg, Factiva, Lexis Nexis, etc.) and in several cases utilizing financial reports and audited statements for such purposes
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.