firstcitizens First Citizens Bank
First Citizens Bank is a full-service financial institution with nearly 550 locations nationwide.
- This position will be an individual contributor providing compliance expertise primarily related to small business lending. Advises on applicable regulations to include Reg B, Reg BB, SBA and other relevant regulations. Oversees the efforts of business units and other risk areas in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes to minimize compliance risks. Ensures appropriate compliance risk oversight is in place for assigned business units and/or functions.
- This position is responsible for the implementation and execution of complex regulatory requirements that impact multiple systems, processes, and clients. Executes, monitors, and evaluates the impact of requirements on systems and processes in compliance with applicable regulations. Identifies and designs effective methods of mitigating risk. Works closely with business leaders to provide consultative guidance.
- Business Support – Oversees programs, systems, or processes that ensure compliance for Bank activities. Analyzes complex regulatory requirements to identify necessary changes to systems and processes. Develops and implements appropriate enhancements. Reports on potential risk factors and data gaps.
- Project Management – Leads the development and execution of enterprise-wide initiatives required to address changes in regulatory requirements. Monitors initiative impact and creates methods of measuring performance, compliance, and effectiveness. Ensures proper documentation and reporting for each initiative.
- Consultation – Considers impact on Bank associates, clients, costs, and efficiencies before providing recommendations to management on appropriate action. Offers consultative guidance to business leaders throughout the execution of necessary changes.
- Compliance Expertise – Maintains a strong current knowledge of changes within federal and state banking regulations. Serves as a resource and expert on assigned Bank system, program, or process.
- Collaboration – Partners with multiple lines of business and leaders throughout the implementation of process, program, or system changes. Works closely with regulatory agencies, auditors, and examiners for audits, requests, and risk assessments.
High School Diploma with 9 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in Banking Compliance.
License or Certification Type: Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) Required
Demonstrated working knowledge of standard compliance concepts, practices, policies and related state and federal laws and experience with regulatory agencies, requirements, and/or regulatory compliance.