The Boeing Company
At Boeing, you can contribute to work that matters.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Weâ€™re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thatâ€™s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Security & Fire Protection (S&FP) is currently seeking a Cybersecurity â€” Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join the team in Richardson, TX. Â
- Contributes to the development and deployment of program information security for assigned systems to meet the program and enterprise requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Implements Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes, product development and product maintenance for assigned systems
- Performs security compliance continuous monitoring
- Participates in security assessments and audits
- Prepares and presents technical reports and briefings
- Contributes to the identification of root causes, the prioritization of threats, and recommends/ implements corrective action
- Provides mentoring and technical leadership within the information security program team
- Explores the enterprise and industry for the evolving state of industry knowledge and methods regarding information security best practices
- Supports development of enterprise-wide information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that may reach across multiple stakeholder organizations
- Conducts periodic hardware/software inventory assessments
- Interfaces with the appropriate government customers, suppliers, and company personnel to implement protective mechanisms and to ensure understanding of and compliance with cybersecurity requirements
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain access to Special Access Programs (SAP)
- IAM Level 1 DoD 8140.01 (previously 8570.01) compliant certification (i.e. CAP, Security+ CE, CISSP, CASP, CISM, GSLC)
- 3+ years of experience in utilizing security relevant tools, systems, and applications in support of Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include: NESSUS, ACAS, DISA STIGs, SCAP, Audit Reduction, and HBSS
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work or military experience
- Currently hold certification in good standing to satisfy IAM Level III (CISSP, GSLC or CISM)
- 3+ years of experience with cybersecurity policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF): e.g. DAAPM, CNSSI 1253, ICD-503, JSIG, and/or NIST SP 800 series
- 3+ years of experience as an information system security officer (ISSO) or information system security manager (ISSM) supporting classified programs
- 3+ years of experience in assessing and documenting test or analysis data to show cybersecurity compliance
Typically 5 or more yearsâ€™ related work experience or relevant military experience. Advanced degree (e.g. Bachelor, Master, etc.) preferred, but not required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
BoeingÂis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for first shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent.Â Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.ÂÂ
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.ÂÂ
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only.Â Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.ÂÂ
Summary pay range: $93,600 – $134,550
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.