Checkout.com empowers businesses to adapt, innovate, and thrive with the connected payments they deserve.
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it’s not just what we build that makes us different. It’s how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world – because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
We’re actively seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Associate to look after the smooth running and general happiness of our fast-growing Tallinn office. You’ll be the first welcoming face at our office for our colleagues and visitors, so you’ll need to have a passion and enthusiasm for delivering phenomenal customer service in a front desk role.
This role requires a ‘can-do’ attitude, always thinking two steps ahead. This role also provides a great opportunity for progression and growth!
About the team:
The People Team’s mission is to drive Checkout.com’s success through our greatest asset – our people. How do we make this happen? Through a progressive approach and passionate team that has the colleague experience at its core.
The Workplace Experience team is one of the five pillars of our People department – our mission is to enable our people by creating a flawless and connected experience inside and outside the workplace.
We look after five core programs:
Build – Workplace Transformation
Home – Workplace Management
Safe – Health, Safety and Security
Together – Internal Events
Stronger – Wellbeing
This role reports into the Workplace Management pillar, and is a great opportunity to join a collaborative team and build a successful global company, together!
What you’ll be doing
- Providing a first class visitor experience at our front desk (reception), welcoming visitors, employees and keeping the area presentable and representative of CKO’s brand guidelines
- Respond to both office telephone, workplace emails and tickets in a professional and timely manner – redirecting and / or raising to the appropriate teams where required
- Mail room and courier duties, keeping our mail log system up to date
- Ensuring that meeting and conference rooms are well stocked and presentable throughout the day
- Provide support for internal office events and activities (such as office catering and annual parties)
- Coordinating stocks of offices supplies and food and beverages
- Take an active role as a first aider and fire warden
- Developing deep knowledge of our colleagues and their team’s needs, to continue to build out our community
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in office / facilities operations or front desk / reception roles.
- Customer service experience crucial
- Previous experience working in a hospitality environment
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Outlook and Google Apps
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proactive, always thinking one step ahead
- Ability to handle administrative details independently while exercising good judgment in keeping other colleagues and stakeholders informed
- Hands-on, always ready to roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond for the team
- Excellent written and communication skills
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don’t stop at ‘good’ here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We’re proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world – and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.