NG_Careers Northrop Grumman
A leading global security company, Northrop Grumman provides innovative products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber security, and complex logistics to government and commercial clients.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman has a need for a PART-TIME Executive Protection Officer, based in Falls Church, VA. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide protective services for the company executives, members of the board of directors, and visiting dignitaries, such as CEO’s of other organizations, major customers, political leaders and heads of state.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure personal protection throughout facilities, residence, airfields, off-site events, and ground and air transportation.
- Recommend procurement and installation of security equipment.
- Maintain personal profiles and conduct risk assessments of personnel covered by protection.
- Must have at least 6 years of experience in private/corporate executive protection
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Experience conducting protection and security advances in international environments
- Possess a Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA), HR 218 permit OR hold certifications to carry a firearm during private security in VA, MD, and DC
- Completion of formal course work leading to a certification in executive protection (i.e. ESI, EPI, PFC, ITG4, TFTT, DSS, DOD)
- Must be physically fit and able to provide protective coverage during physically taxing activities including distance running and biking
- Have knowledge of police unarmed self-defense tactics (use of force)
- Experience dealing with workplace violence issues and training
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to analyze complex information and solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction or supervision
- Basic first-aid knowledge and CPR certification
- Candidates must qualify for the Department of Homeland Security’s Global Entry Program
- Must possess a current Driver’s License with a clean record
- Must possess a valid passport and be able to travel domestically and internationally based upon the schedule of the principal and current threat information
- Must have an Interim Secret Security Clearance at a minimum and eligible for Top Secret clearance
- Active First Responder, Paramedic, or EMT certifications
- Proficient technical skills related to cyber or social media and open-source information gathering
- Experience with access control or alarm systems
- Experience with Security Camera Systems/CCTV
- Top Secret Security Clearance
Salary Range: $31 USD – $52 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.