- Institutional Sales, State Street Global Advisors, Vice President - Sacramento, CA
- Bartender-Fine Dining-The 7th Street Standard - Sacramento, CA
- Associate Accounting Analyst (Bureau of State Government Reporting) - Sacramento, CA
- Financial Accountant I - Bureau of State Government Reporting - State Reporting Policy Section - Sacramento, CA
- Operations Client Service, Assistant Vice President - Sacramento, CA
State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
- Hedge Fund Accounting OfficerMain Responsibilities:
- Supervision of all subordinate staff levels including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Associates.
- Manage the day to day delivery of accounting and administrative services for one or more client relationships by liaising with different functional teams spread across multiple global service locations
- Supervise and review the portfolio and fund level accounting for numerous funds. Asset classes can include; equities, fixed income, derivatives, and private investments.
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memorandums and ensure compliance with operational and accounting procedures.
- Manage the planning, preparation, and execution of weekly and/or monthly net asset value reporting cycle in accordance with US GAAP.
- Ensure all client queries and requests are attended to in a timely matter and delegated or escalated appropriately.
- Demonstrate an unrelenting commitment to client satisfaction
- Support the onboarding of existing client funds and the launch of new funds.
- Ensure adherence with internal policies and procedures and compliance with external governing regulations.
- Coordinate all external audit requests, and requirements from financial reporting, tax, compliance, risk and regulatory reporting as required.
- Involved in all areas of talent management including; hiring, training, supervision, and delivery of performance reviews.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Contribute to working groups within the organization to improve our processes.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferably within a hedge fund accounting role, including 1-2 years of supervisory experience is required
- Demonstrate and understanding of fund level profit & loss characteristics and its implications on investor allocations for various complex fund structures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook & Excel in required
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to thrive and function in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot complex fund accounting problems and use analytical skills to resolve issues in a timely manner
CPA qualification is favorable but not required
About State Street
What we do.State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more atStateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.