The Senior Trust Officer (STO) is responsible for advising high net worth clients on their trust and estate administration needs and administering trust accounts for Clarfeld Citizens Private Wealth (CCPW). They lead the day to day management and administration of trust accounts, and for working with CCPW partners to introduce trust clients and beneficiaries to CCPW’s comprehensive suite of investment, financial planning, insurance, and tax services. The STO will also serve as the specialist in partnership with CCPW professionals to attract and retain new clients. They will perform these duties with high proficiency and integrity acting in accordance with the Bank’s fiduciary responsibilities and best fiduciary and risk management practices, as trustee and/or executor.
- Effectively establish and manage strong client relationships within an assigned book of trust accounts. Meet with clients, family members and their advisors as appropriate. Educate clients and beneficiaries on estate and trust planning strategies to include state fiduciary law and practices, related trust income and estate tax principles and how to integrate these concepts into fiduciary investing.
- Handle intricate trust and relationship matters. Serve as a quarterback with other CCPW advisors to the trust to ensure best practices are met. Proactively perform daily trust officer administration responsibilities and consistently deliver a quality CCPW client experience.
- Accurately interpret and apply provisions of trusts and wills consistent with applicable statutes and regulations. Routinely work with clients and their external advisors to implement estate plans to achieve clients’ goals.
- Partner with CCPW colleagues to achieve business growth and retention goals. Build and maintain strong network of internal and external center-of-influence relationships.
- Participate in the training and development of Trust Officer and Trust Associates.
- Serve on various fiduciary/governance committees and project teams.
- 10+ years of successful fiduciary account administration and client relationship management within a Private Wealth environment.
- Experience with fiduciary investment concepts, analytics and reporting desirable.
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree; CTFA, CFP, or similar professional designation preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Why work with us
- Colleague development: We offer a clear career path, in-depth training, coaching and mentoring to help you reach your potential
- Outstanding resources: We have access to big data analytics, technology, referrals and industry-wide tools to help target and grow your client relationships
- Commitment to community: We give back to the communities you work in and live in by volunteering and donating to charities
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more
Awards we’ve received
- Forbes World’s Best Banks (2020)
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2021)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality – 100% Corporate Equality Index (2020)
- Military Friendly Employer (2021)
- Dave Thomas Foundation – Best Adoption-friendly Workplace (2020)
- Diversity, Inc. – Top 25 companies for diversity (2019)