Abaxx is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chainalysis, Inc, the worldwide leader in blockchain analysis and data solutions. Abaxx maintains a separate, independent status from Chainalysis to include its work with the US Public sector.
Abaxx’s impact and productivity in the US Government (USG) space depends on our ability to navigate the world of government and industrial security efficiently and responsibly. We’re looking for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) who can both arbitrate policy and processes around personnel and clearances, and partner with our business leaders to plan for the future in support of our National Security and Department of Defense (DoD) missions.
As a Facility Security Officer at Abaxx, you’ll have a tether to the Chainalysis Global Security Team but maintain principal responsibility over Abaxx’s Facility Clearance operations. You’ll provide first-class knowledge and customer service to Abaxx staff, and will be responsible for the day-to-day industrial security operations for Abaxx across the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. This will entail managing our personnel clearance program and our secure facilities and systems.
You’ll work with the Global Security Team to ensure compliance with security policies, regulations and processes, while also enabling Abaxx to get people and resources where they’re needed most. You’ll provide expert advice and direction as it relates to complex Industrial Security matters, and will interpret emerging Industrial Security related policies to ensure a compliant program.
This role requires close collaboration with Defense Counterintelligence & Security Agency (DCSA) Industrial Security Representatives and similar cognizant security offices for U.S. National Security agencies to address issues, brief upcoming business needs and to ensure consistent interpretation of NISPOM requirements. You’ll be responsible to ensure successful government audits of our Industrial Security program. This will require collaboration with Program Managers, and other stakeholders to ensure business expectations are met and proper resources are allocated to meet current and future security program needs
The ideal candidate is resourceful and will challenge conventional approaches to find better ways to navigate intricate bureaucracies. They’ll execute important processes, reimagining and optimizing along the way to ensure faster outcomes that align with our customers’ compliance requirements.
- Daily execution of compliance across personnel and physical security programs within a given USG accredited facility.
- Responsible for mandatory USG reporting as it relates to our personnel, facility, and insider threat programs.
- Arbitrating policy and processes around personnel, clearances, and our facilities.
- Operate and optimize complex collateral, SCI, and SAP clearance application and collateral reinvestigation pipelines in order to grow and maintain Abaxx’s cleared workforce at pace with our USG business.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as related to all security matters
- Build and maintain an Insider Threat Program
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties in support of security procedures and requirements
- Review and amend as needed security policies and procedures
- Personnel Security – Assisting employees with initiating, maintaining and terminating personnel clearance actions
- Conducting security clearance indoctrination briefings and debriefings.
- Ultimate responsibility for all cleared personnel as it pertains to getting and keeping clearances.
A background like this helps:
- Active Top Secret U.S Security Clearance, U.S. Citizenship is required. TS/SCI, Full-scope Polygraph preferred.
- Effective communication with a customer service oriented mindset.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of experience managing and implementing security program requirements as an AFSO or FSO; or, an additional 2 years in lieu of degree.
- Expertise in navigating DISS, SWFT, e-QIP, ACCS and similar USG systems.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a willingness to contribute across additional critical, cross-team functions and projects.
- Demonstrated capability to think outside the box, and develop strategies and processes that maintain a strong security posture while enabling business outcomes.
- Ability to be present onsite at a given facility within a 60 minute response time, with potential on call duties during after-hours, weekends, and holidays.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy – USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy – EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy – APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.