wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Compliance Officer to provide oversight of the Compliance Risk Assessment. This position will oversee Compliance responsibilities relative to the Compliance Aggregated Risk Assessment (CARA) process and will be responsible for the development of CARA elements (technology, procedure, training) that support CARA execution. Additionally, the Lead Compliance Officer in this role may support compliance responsibilities related to front line self-assessments, the Enterprise Risk & Identification (ERIA) and Operational Risk & Control Self -Assessment (RCSA). The Lead Compliance Officer may also assist in risk assessment related projects, like risk & control taxonomy integration, audit, or regulatory requests for compliance risk assessment results, and/or compliance risk assessment transformation activities. This role will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence and consistency for compliance risk assessment oversight.
Compliance, as part of Independent Risk Management, establishes and maintains Wells Fargo’s Compliance Risk Assessment program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline’s execution of their risk assessment responsibilities. Learn more about career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate annual Compliance Aggregated Risk Assessment (CARA) execution across Compliance
- Support review and challenge of Front Line risk assessments
- Collaborate on risk assessment related processes (Foundational Risk Components, Risk Reporting, and/or alignment of risk assessment results within other compliance processes) through advisory services and active engagement
- Bridge compliance risk assessment solutions to transformative processes (e.g., Compliance Risk Assessment Transformation) through strategy, data alignment and transition plans
- Support risk assessment technology projects to expand and improve compliance capabilities.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk assessment control development
- Make decisions and resolve risk assessment issues to meet business objectives
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interface with Audit, Legal, external agencies, and regulatory bodies on risk assessment related topics
- Build strong relationships with Compliance, Operational Risk and Enterprise Risk partners
- Drive to a more effective and efficient way of assessing compliance risk
- Increase use of existing data in compliance risk assessment processes
- Improve technology capabilities for compliance risk assessment processes
- Align compliance risk assessment methodology to other Wells Fargo assessments to enable mutually informing capabilities
- Ensure regulatory commitments are completed on time and Compliance issues are appropriately self-identified
- Contribute to Wells Fargo’s transformation by doing what’s right, doing it well, and leading with an enterprise mindset
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Compliance experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience with risk assessment and/or complex enterprise-wide projects
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with business process design and improvements
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellence in problem identification and resolution
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build effective partnerships with multiple stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Ability to condense complex information to essential elements for an executive audience
- Ability to work independently, while ensuring appropriate transparency and escalation
- Experience communicating with financial services regulators and/or internal audit
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines despite competing priorities
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience working on technology builds
- Ability to analyze and align data to quantitatively inform processes
- Experience in documenting procedures, guidelines, or training materials
- Experience in report development
Willing to work on-site
Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.