Duolingo provides free language education to users all over the world through the web and its mobile apps.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million learners and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We are looking for a Chief Creative & Brand Officer who will marry deep consumer insights and sharp creative craft to build love for Duolingo’s products and our World characters. This leader is inspired by the ever-evolving landscape and motivated to develop a high-performing team of experts.
- Lead all of Duolingo’s Marketing capabilities across the globe: brand marketing, public relations, social media, media and performance marketing, marketing analytics, marketing operations, go-to market strategies
- Lead all of Duolingo’s Design and Studios & Content capabilities: Product Design, Animation, Illustration, Production Design, Creative Production,
- Lead a diverse global team of 100+ in delivering operational and creative brand excellence
- Inspire deep (and fun!) cross-functional relationships that ultimately build stronger products for our learners
- Launch marketing strategies and campaigns that resonate with our learners in-market
- Elevate the status of Duo and our World characters to global icons, driving learner attachment to the Duolingo brand
- Ensure a strong balance of brand marketing, creative craft, and content production
- Utilize consumer insights and data to drive decisions across the organization
- 15+ years of international experience across multiple dimensions – brand marketing, public relations, performance marketing, media, creative development, content production
- Consumer technology background and track record of strong creative brand output
- Experience leading marketing at a company in hypergrowth
- Demonstrated understanding of Duolingo’s business and future growth opportunities
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in fast paced entrepreneurial work environments
- Experience developing strong collaboration across design, product, and engineering
- Sharp eye for creative excellence, detail, and taste
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
Exceptional Candidates Will Have…
- Significant experience with subscription services
- Experience living and working outside of the United States
- Proficiency in multiple languages
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo intends to require all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees’ holistic well-being with our benefits here.