American Express is a global services company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back. At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief Information Security Officer, SVP Technology Risk and Information Security (TRIS).
Job responsibilities include:
- Organizing and maintaining a complex calendar using a high level of tact and integrity, including scheduling meetings and conference calls across different time zones, most frequently between AZ, NY, UK and India.
- Managing the logistics of key meetings, including room booking, catering, production of meeting materials, etc.
- Coordinating travel arrangements as needed, including air, hotel, transfers & visas
- Reconciling expenses and filing expense reports
- Managing the payroll system for the team, including attendance tracking (holidays, vacation, sick days etc.)
- Producing accurate presentations, documents and general correspondence in a timely manner.
- General follow-up and reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments.
- Organizing regular team meetings and 1:1s with Direct Reports.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies, including placing orders
- Managing confidential filing and keeping regulatory records in good order
- Assisting with special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Onboarding new employees as needed.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
- Ability to organize and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal direction.
- Experience in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, organizing large meetings, and arranging travel.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Ability to act diplomatically and respectfully when communicating with individuals of varying levels.
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and appreciation of key customer relationships (internal & external).
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Commitment to ongoing learning & development.
- Flexible, proactive, well organized, resourceful and efficient.
- Handling of confidential and sensitive issues in an appropriate manner.
- An ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility.
- A proactive approach with strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Project management skills are a plus
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.