CarMax makes the process of buying and researching quality used cars simple, enjoyable, and stress-free—with a focus on honesty, integrity, and customer satisfaction.
6080 – Serramonte – 401 Serramonte Boulevard, Colma, California, 94014
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Business Office Manager (BOM) is responsible for all aspects of the Business Office at one or more assigned locations. As a senior manager the BOM collaborates with Sales, Operations, and Purchasing teams to create an exceptional associate and customer experience aligned with CarMax culture. New managers will start in an award-winning CarMax training program, then move into an Assistant Business Office Manager (ABOM). Timing in an ABOM role, prior to moving into a BOM role will vary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Management of team, cash procedures, and paperwork processes associated with the sale, wholesale, servicing, and purchase of vehicles
- Utilizes reports, analyzes information, and monitors trends to identify opportunities in the business
- Displays financial responsibility through P&L management
- Identifies opportunities to reduce waste; identifies process improvements that are value added for customer and associate experience
- Interviews, hires, trains and promotes associates to support Business Office operations and company growth
- Ensures positive associate engagement and associate development through timely and effective feedback, to include individual meetings, file reviews, performance management, and the Annual Performance Review (APR) process
- Serves as a member of senior management team; collaborates to set strategy for the store and provides vision, direction, and motivation to team
- Champions and implements both company and store initiatives for consistent execution and continuous improvement
- Manages daily Business Office operations by interpreting, communicating and executing policies and procedures
- Resolves customer and associate issues
- Facilitates and participates in meetings and conference calls
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment
- Speak, listen, and write effectively in dealings with customers and associates across departments
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Make independent judgments regarding critical business decisions
- Identify business opportunities and suggest improvements
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years management experience, retail management experience preferred
- Completion of CarMax provided training
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Intermediate PC skills
- Combination of both indoor and outdoor environment, including working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions
- Rotating schedule with shifts that will include nights, weekends, holidays, 12 hour days
- Occasional travel for meetings, training, and special assignments
- Flexibility to work at multiple locations or relocate
- Wear CarMax clothing (acquired through the company) at all times while working in the store
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.