CO Salary Range: USD 15.92 – 23.88 per hour
Summit View Urgnt Care-Urg Car
Primary Location Salary Range:
$15.92/hr – $23.88/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado’s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
You have a place in the health care industry. If you’re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Urgent Care is one of the most exciting types of clinic to have a career at in Health Care. As a Front Office Rep at Banner Greeley Urgent Care, you will give our patients a great experience using empathy and compassion as their first point of contact. You will register patients in the system, collect demographics and insurance information. You will also collect payment due at the time of service, answer phones and much more! This clinic sees an average of 25-55 patients a day.
In this role, you would work 3 days per week, 12 hour shifts which provide for flexible scheduling to make your work/life balance even better. Apply now If you would love working in a fast paced environment with some of the best MA’s, support staff and Providers!
Discover the difference at Banner Urgent Care. With hours from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., you’ll help care for patients in need of immediate medical attention. A sprained ankle from a basketball game. A nagging cough that won’t go away. Whatever they’re looking to treat, Banner Urgent Care is ready to help. With minimal wait times, affordable service and ultimate flexibility, Banner Urgent Care is a smart, sensible choice for patients and another great employment option at Banner Health.
This position serves as the first point of contact between patients and the facility. Coordinates and guides patient visit from check-in to check-out. Performs various functions including, scheduling, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and gathering patient demographic information. Answers and routes phone calls and completes daily paperwork and necessary reports.
1. Receives all incoming calls from both internal and external lines. Documents messages and routes to appropriate clinical staff. Transfers calls as necessary. Ensures documentation in medical record is complete including lab and test results. Assists in facilitating requests for patient medical records.
2. Receives patient in applicable systems, confirms patient demographics and insurance information and performs insurance verification when required. May be required to calculate and collect copays, deductibles, and self-pay. Totals charges on patient’s super-bill at check-out. Coordinates transportation to care centers and residential homes as requested by patients or physicians.
3. Schedules, re-schedules patient’s office appointments, follow-up appointments, diagnostic tests, surgeries and may provide patient with preparation instructions for exams, tests, or surgeries when required. Confirms patient appointments for the following day. May prepare patient referrals to specialty care.
4. Prints physician schedules, superbills, labels and other applicable forms in preparation for next business day. Pulls and files patient charts and prepares new patient charts as needed. Prints and files transcription notes. Provides administrative support for Physicians as needed.
5. Reconciles charge tickets to each day’s schedule, identifies incomplete tickets, missing charge codes or missing diagnosis and notifies clinical staff. Forwards completed tickets and/or billing package to the business office or billing company.
6. Escorts patients back to the patient exam rooms, takes vitals and patient history, may assist with patient treatment, if required by the assigned facility.
7. Expected to perform daily work duties with minimal supervision based on training and policies provided. Additional guidance available as needed for new or unusual tasks. Required to resolve minor patient grievances. Required to have working knowledge of referral and authorization processes. Must navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers include all patients, staff and clinic providers. External customers include non-clinic providers and facilities.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a demonstrated ability to multi-task between heavy phone volume, multiple computer systems and frequent interruptions. Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients and staff while functioning in a busy medical office environment.
Must be able to type a minimum of 30 wpm and perform data entry.
Six months experience working in a medical office and/or hospital setting preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Previous experience working with electronic medical records and insurance is preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.