Deutsche Bank is a tech-driven provider of financial services, offering corporate, investment, private, retail, and asset management products on a global scale.
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world’s leading asset managers with EUR 902bn of assets under management (as of 31 March 2022). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management – as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with approximately 3,500 employees in offices all over the world, we are local while being one global team. We are investors – entrusted to build the best foundation for our clients’ future.
About the Anti-Financial Crime and Compliance Testing Team
DWS’s Anti-financial Crime (AFC) and Compliance Testing team, a part of the AFC and Compliance Department, conducts reviews to evaluate the firm’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to help ensure that control gaps are adequately escalated and mitigated through remedial actions.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct compliance reviews under the direction of the Americas Head of AFC and Compliance Testing in order to assess and review compliance with legal, regulatory and internal firm policy requirements applicable to DWS products and services in the Americas.
- Develop testing modules and conduct testing across all DWS Americas business activities to evaluate adherence to regulatory requirements and compliance risks
- Maintain solid working relationships with Business Line AFC and Compliance, Front Office, Operations, Group Audit, and other control groups throughout the region.
- Participate in developing a review work plan based on the results of the annual compliance risk assessment, in consultation with the Americas Head of AFC and Compliance Testing, Regulatory Adherence and Business Line AFC and Compliance management. Ensure review work plan addresses regulatory priorities and that reviews are designed to meet applicable regulatory guidance.
- Advise team members with respect to applicable regulatory requirements to ensure testing is adequately designed to identify potential control gaps and non-compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify AFC and Compliance risks inherent in a business or process and assess whether a control framework is in place to manage these risks or whether any existing control framework adequately manages the risks.
- Determine the root cause of issues and develop effective remediation plans to mitigate the risks.
- Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to senior management for discussion and further investigation if deemed necessary.
- Prepare and distribute reports to senior management detailing review findings and recommendations. Periodically report on significant activities conducted and planned for the upcoming period.
- Ensure that all findings and recommendations are entered into AFC and Compliance Testing’s Issue Tracker for tracking purposes and perform required follow-up of open issues to ensure proper resolution.
- Meet with senior management in AFC and Compliance, the business and other control functions to provide overview of significant risks and control gaps.
- Assist the team in drafting periodic reports to senior management and regulators, as well as in various other ad hoc projects.
- Some travel may be required.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of regulations governing financial institutions including the rules and regulations of the FRB, FINRA, SEC, NFA, and CFTC.
- Knowledge of asset management related products and services (e.g. broker dealer, investment advisory, fixed income and equities).
- A background in compliance testing, audit or risk is a strong plus.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Relevant experience with a financial services firm within Legal, AFC, Compliance, Operations or Audit and/or regulatory organization in a role that relates to financial services.
- Ability to understand and interpret various laws, regulations, and policies.
- A background in compliance testing or audit is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including regulators and senior management.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to identify the root cause of issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple compliance reviews and projects at the same time and meet timely deadlines.
- Ability to apply knowledge of regulations to numerous types of activities and operational arrangements in addition to interpreting the effect of new regulations on these activities.
- BA or BS Degree a must.
- JD, MBA or Master’s Degree a plus.
What we’ll offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
- Competitive Salary and Matched 401K Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Away plus Bank Holidays
- Health and Life Insurance Plans for you and your family
- Work/Life Balance Programs including Adoption/Surrogacy/Infertility Assistance, Backup Care through Bright Horizons, Phase Back to Work and Support for New Mothers
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, Commuter Discounts and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support wide-ranging volunteer programs, + 1 day volunteering leave per year, matched personal donations to non-profit organizations dollar-for-dollar, up to $5,000
How we’ll support you:
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
It is DWS’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York City office in accordance with the firm’s hybrid working model. At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. DWS provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.