You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
BNY Mellon provides a broad range of products and services in the areas of Investment Management, Asset Servicing and Treasury Services. Our customers are institutions, corporations, and high-net-worth individuals, as well as consultants and advisors who work with them. The Markets division at BNY Mellon through its Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income & Equity, Securities Finance, and Liquidity & Segregation, helps clients globally to raise, invest, protect, or transform their capital.
BNY Mellon full-service FX business accommodates every element of the currency transaction lifecycle, from initiating a position in the spot or forward market, to programmatic trading using algorithms or standing instructions, to enjoying enhanced liquidity and netting efficiencies by centralizing your activity though our FX Prime Brokerage.
Foreign Exchange Business Control Officer role is part of the Market Control Office within the First Line of Defense to assist the establishment, assessment, management, and governance within the Non-Financial Risk Framework.
- Operate with a high degree of independence and work directly with the Business, Middle Office, Operations, as well as Legal, Compliance, Finance and Risk Function to design, enhance and monitor a consistent and evolving control framework
- Brings subject matter expertise with insight into industry developments and best practices, as well as an understanding of the evolving regulatory landscape, to ensure that Foreign Exchange creates a sound control environment, and that the control standards, risk management systems and training for staff, meet the requirements of the business and regulators
- Project manage remediation efforts, including corrective actions resulting from audit findings, regulatory requests and examinations, operational risk events/errors, regulatory consent order implementation and other significant projects or tasks; manage and prioritize deliverables across multiple tasks and stakeholders
- Lead, Track and communicate progress to leadership and stakeholders, including presentations in governance meetings
- Drive standardized and consistent mechanisms to evidence controls and supervision, and ensure alignment with firm-wide initiatives
- Review documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance of control and business procedures. Identifies deficiencies in data systems and creates improvement processes
- Identify and escalate material risk and control issues that need to be addressed
- Challenge current practices which are not fully aligned with the firm’s standards; propose system and process enhancements to improve monitoring of control matters
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed
- Anticipates and investigates technology and emerging trends areas that may become future risks to the business and creates controls to mitigate them before they occur
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 8+ years of total work experience preferred
- Experience in risk and control discipline within Foreign Exchange, such as Conduct Risk, Regulatory change, Operational Risk and/or Control Assurance is preferred
- Familiarity with regulatory landscape and financial products and services; prior experience with Foreign Exchange and its prudent regulators is preferred
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external management
- Ability to learn quickly, handle simultaneous requests and projects, and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop remote relationships across functions and regions
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.