You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries.
As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
What we do:
As part of Middle Office Reconciliation team, we maintain Investment book of Records
- Comprehensive asset manager view of fund
- Support the Investment Process-Front-office decision making
- Real-time P&L
- Intra-day cash availability
- Compliance monitoring
- Includes forecasts
- Performance measurement and analysis of portfolio
The successful candidate will:
Manage a team of Middle Office staff responsible for researching and analysing transactions on behalf of assigned clients; handles reconciliations and inquiries. Also responsible for oversight of processing, trend analysis, client engagement, TPG review (SLA), process improvement, industry specialist, architecturally aware, incident management, and on shore recovery (processing). Manage the performance of assigned staff and sets team priorities.
Essential Functions – Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day work of Middle Office team responsible for researching and analy s ing transactions on behalf of more complex assigned clients; handles reconciliations and inquiries. Manage the performance of assigned staff and sets team priorities. Manage relationships with assigned clients and ensures all questions are answered and issues with transactions are resolved
- Manage processes and provides oversight of team to ensure that records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and clients to ensure needs are being addressed by the Middle Office function and provides input to Unit Managers
- Support evaluation of new clients and determine how to allocate that client against the various teams. Make decisions on how to implement new clients in relatively straightforward situations. Provide input to Unit Managers
- Recruit, direct, motivate and develop staff, maximi s ing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Receive input from Middle Office Team Leader
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 4-5 years of total relevant experience in accounting with at least 0-1 years of management experience preferred
- Strong Financial Services Technical Skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel
Our offer for you:
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth, and professional development
- Mentoring and job shadowing programs
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and engagement groups
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Promotion: Wellbeing and Innovation Centre, Wellbeing programs
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Private medical care
- Pension scheme
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.