goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm’s flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm’s global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE’s vision is to provide the world’s best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS’s mission is to protect the firm’s people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
The Crisis Management Centre (CMC) monitors, assesses and manages risks to Goldman Sachs’ people, assets and business operations. leading the firm’s crisis management response to mitigate the impact of disruption, enable recovery processes, and ensure the safety of our people.
The EMEAIntelligence and Fusion Manager, based in London, will provide day to day operational oversight for monitoring of and response to regional events by a team of analysts in the EMEA CMC. They will be a first responder to region-wide crisis events (both external and internal to GS) and ensure relevant incidents are further escalated to key stakeholders and responded to in an effective and timely manner. They will also collate and update relevant risk data to inform ongoing risk assessments and to support decision-making in a crisis event.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Reporting to the EMEA CMC Manager in the Office of Global Security, based in London.
- Co-manage the operations of the EMEA CMC with the CMC Manager, assisted by CMC Supervisors.
- Ensure the appropriate selection and training of vendor-supplied CMC staff.
- Provide ongoing support to the CMC Manager and OGS leadership during a crisis event, including receiving out-of-hours escalations to triage and respond to relevant incidents until resolution.
- Lead on the drafting and dissemination of crisis response communications, collaborating with other crisis responders where appropriate.
- Support the CMC Manager in the management of the EMEA Travel Risk Programme.
- Support the global identification, procurement, implementation, and improvement of CMC tools, such as those designed to enhance mass communication and situational awareness.
- Involvement in the writing, coordination, and editing of geo-political security briefs and other internal reporting.
- Assist the CMC Manager in delivery of crisis management training and drills for Firmwide stakeholders, and ongoing identification and implementation of enhancements to the associated framework and process.
- Other projects in the crisis management, security, and resilience space as required by OGS leadership.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive approach to developing systems and processes to assess and manage risk.
- Ability to engineer creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, particularly utilizing technology.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple requests for information and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong understanding of and interest in global affairs, particularly relating to the EMEA region.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency in OSINT for physical threat intelligence and investigations.
- Experience in operational oversight of a high performing team that works in a demanding environment and high stress situation.
- Skills in collating, interrogating, and visualising data to identify insight and inform decision making.
- Effective collaboration with key stakeholders across multiple business lines.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in security industry/crisis management
- European launguages
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity