State Farm helps customers protect the things that matter most to them.
This position is eligible for up to $2,000 in Welcome Bonuses throughout the first year of employment.
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Do you enjoy helping others? Can you see yourself being the face of State Farm helping our customers in their time of need?
This position is for a Remote Fire Claim Specialist, handling one or a combination of the following: accidental and weather-related homeowners, commercial, and large loss claims. You will be the first point of contact to meet with our insureds. You will explain coverage, estimate damages and help them recover from the unexpected.
As a Fortune 50 Company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry.
This is a work from home role supporting our in-office environment in which you will handle claims virtually from your home. There may be a need to use a vehicle provided by the company for transportation to and from physical inspections and/or mileage will be reimbursed.
LOCATION: Missouri territory and surrounding area. Selected candidates will be required to reside within location for which they are selected. This is not negotiable.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
Must Have Skills/Technologies:
- Excellent customer service, relationship building, and decision making skills.
- While this position will support our in-office operations, there may be a need to complete physical inspections therefore, you must have the physical agility to allow for lifting, carrying, unfolding and climbing a ladder.
- Ability to utilize appropriate equipment in accordance with safety guidelines to traverse roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures.
- The ability to crawl in tight spaces.
- You must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Technical Skills: Xactimate, XactContents
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Experience: Relevant claims adjusting experience and/or construction background.
What You Can Expect
- Must be willing to work flexible work shifts as operations dictate.
- May work irregular hours, including weekends, and holidays, based on workload and job requirements.
- There is potential for overtime pay in this role.
- Training will be virtual for the first 5-10 weeks and varies based on candidates experience. One week of training may take place in Bloomington, IL and all work related expenses will be paid.
- If relocation is required, it should occur before the training/start date.
- You may be required to obtain a Property and Casualty Adjuster’s License.
- Candidates may be required to work outside of their assigned territory as business needs dictates, with overnight travel required.
Licensing: Continued employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements necessary to obtain appropriate state(s) mandated licenses. This includes successfully completing all applicable licensing exam(s), background checks & MVRs required of various state(s). Failure to do so may result in termination.
Next Steps – Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Benefits: Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!