At Northwell Health, our 74,000-plus healthcare heroes are raising the standard of care for all in the New York Metro area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, required. Patient relations experience, preferred.
- Data entry skills (80 kpm), required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Schedules and confirms patient appointments and arrival. Performs other various receptionist duties and maintains reception area.
2. Collects, verifies and records demographic, insurance and referral information.
3. Collects, records and receipts outstanding money.
4. Prepares patient charts.
5. Maintains patient and correspondence transcription records. Collects, sorts, files, locates and distributes needed information, materials, records and paperwork.
6. Proof reads transcribed correspondence.
7. Operates related office equipment.
8. Answers and processes overflow calls.
9. Performs light typing duties such as various correspondence, reports, articles or data entry.
10. May prepare and maintain various statistical data.
11. Performs related duties, as required.