wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Enterprise Risk Officer…
In this role, you will:
- Support the WIM Broker-Dealer and WIM Banking CRO (‘CROs’) and WIM Risk team in risk oversight routines and activities, risk assessment of new business and change management initiatives, significant business and risk projects, policy reviews and other risk initiatives.
- Support the LOB leadership and WIM Risk organization for oversight of the Independent Advisor Group.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the business activities in WIM, with particular focus on the Independent Advisor Group. Understand trends and themes across the business and market environment, including regulatory requirements, industry standards, client and product needs relevant to the WIM business.
- Apply business knowledge and data analytics techniques to support and conduct targeted risk reviews in collaboration with other risk functions, compliance, business control and business management partners.
- Provide data driven insights across various risks that impact WIM on existing and emerging risks.
- Support CROs in documenting credible challenges. Challenge front-line risk programs, including risk metrics and indicators for the WIM business, by effective collaboration across second and front-line functions.
- Support identification of key risks to be reported and escalated including instances of non-compliance with policies.
- Collaborate with Independent Risk Management enterprise teams to influence the integration of enterprise risk programs.
- Work closely with Compliance, Operational Risk, Fiduciary Risk, Independent Testing & Validation teams on risk review activities.
- Partner with the CRO team to deliver risk reporting to executive management, committees, and Board of Directors, and assists in development of actionable insights.
- Identify and escalate risk and control issues with transparency, in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Support delivery of large scale, sustainable solutions by applying vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical and inductive thinking; and coordination of highly complex activities.
- Maintain partnerships with business lines and functional teams such as Audit, Legal, and Compliance.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Risk Management experience (Compliance, Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Audit, Legal, Credit Risk, Market Risk, IT Systems Security, Business Process Management) or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Risk Management (Compliance, Financial Crimes, Operational Risk, Audit, Legal, Credit Risk, Market Risk) or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills with an agility to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to execute with a strong sense of accountability and urgency while maintaining high quality and accuracy in deliverables
- Ability to partner, influence, and maintain relationships at all levels within a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to be self-directed with limited supervision
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience in risks impacting WIM overall and particularly the Independent Advisor channel with knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and laws
- Knowledge of the infrastructure supporting the WIM business and front-to-back control processes
- Strong understanding of Independent Advisor Group supervisory frameworks
- Strong understanding of product risks and appropriateness of these products to Independent Advisor Group clients
- Knowledge and ability to use data, and partner with data teams to identify risks and issues
- M.B.A. or Master’s degree preferred
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.