State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Business/ Operational Auditor, Officer, who will work with a team of professionals to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls designed to ensure the businesses are complying with relevant regulatory requirements and corporate policy and procedures. In this role you will be based out in Boston, Massachusetts.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business/ Operational Auditor, Officer you will
- Perform audit work using the division’s audit methodology to identify and evaluate risk, determine control objectives and verify the extent to which client control techniques meet objectives.
- Obtain and analyze evidentiary data as a basis for drafting an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls of the activities being reviewed.
- Review and appraise corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Ensure that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards, e.g. prepare the work papers as required, use data analytical techniques, analyze the root cause, draft meaningful audit results.
- Maintain a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently.
- Demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk based audit skills to business units globally.
- High degree of professionalism and proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in business or a related field.
- CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- 2+ years of Audit experience in public accounting and/or corporate internal audit and experience in auditing financial institutions and/or related experience managing complex audit operations or related projects.
Travel up to 25% may be required.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.