MUFG Union Bank, N.A., is part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the fifth largest financial group in the world.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a remote position. A member of our recruitment team will discuss location preferences with you in more detail.
In this role you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing middleware systems or environments to enable communication with enterprise applications aligned with business requirements. Responsibilities include working with systems engineers, database administrators, software engineers, software architects, and application support teams to ensure the efficiency, availability, security, scalability, and flexibility of the associated application architecture as well as supporting the implementation of new applications, upgrades, and migration across middleware platforms.
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting, optimization, performance tuning, installation, configuration, and design of large, complex enterprise environments based on industry best practices
- Support middleware on multiple platforms
- Write documentation to support middleware infrastructure
- Maintain good communication with vendors, systems support teams, and local teams as needed; including interfacing with end users and next level management to provide technical consulting
- Support the bank in any business continuity plan (BCP) contingency events, either onsite or remote support
- Administration of IAM products for Ping product suite (Ping Access, Ping Federate, Ping Directory, Ping Governance and Ping Sync)
- Experience with patching and upgrading of Ping Products.
- Implement Federation using SAML 2.0 with Microsoft Azure AD or Ping Federate.
- Implement IDP as well as SP initiated Federation SSO.
- Configure Encryption and Signing of SAML assertion
- Web server (Apache, Tomcat, IBM HTTP Server and IIS) agent installations & configuration, Policy, Rules, Realms, Response and Auth Schemes set up
- Monitors systems activities and fine tunes system parameters and configuration to optimize performance and ensure availability and security of systems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system service failures by identifying and analyzing the situation and provides corrective actions.
- Provides expertise on decisions and priorities regarding systems architecture of IAM Products (Microsoft Azure AD and PING Identity).
- Creates documentation specific to deployment of IAM PING products.
- Work with internal parties and external vendors to setup SAML federation. Ability to coordinate and work with multiple teams.
- Promote DevOps culture and drive adoption of tools and practices.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology, or any engineering field, or equivalent experience]
- Certification in computer science preferred
- 5-6 years’ experience in middleware administration and ping administration
- 3+ years working within the financial services industry, including experience with credit and debit/ACH payments is a plus
- Track record of designing solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, and strategic, and that are achieved through the application of industry proven architectural principles, standards, and governance
- Ability to write basic scripted, structured query language (SQL), or compiled code
- Proficient in middleware concepts, design, and operations
- Management and maintenance experience of IAM Ping Identity Suite, Microsoft Azure AD, Single-Sign On, OAuth, OIC, SAML, Active Directory Federated Services required.
- Strong background in Windows, Active Directory, virtualization, and Identity/Access Management a must.
- Experience with MFA (multi-factor authentication) and DNS technology required.
- Knowledge of Web Server and application server technologies. Apache, JBOSS Web Server, JBOSS Application Server, IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, IIS.
- Knowledge of Web Application security, Software Security, HTTP, SSL, Certificates and related technologies
- Deep understanding of application, server, web services, and network security
- Very strong in working with middleware scripts and management tools
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Unix (AIX), Linux, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and ability to make recommended enhancements
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical solutions that provide excellent performance when implemented
- Understanding of agile software development methodology and industry best practices
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, refactoring, debugging, and configuration management
- Understanding of service oriented architecture databases, data modeling techniques
- Experience with Kubernetes preferred
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Ability to create pragmatic, strategic technology alternatives which deliver short-term results while contributing to long-term strategic direction
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with varied areas including technology, business units, and peers; builds effective, trusting relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and adapt to daily changing requirements
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or to collaborate effectively on a team, as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.