J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
At J. J. Keller, we protect people and the businesses they run, and that’s work that truly matters.
Requisition #: 16619
Functional Area: Purchasing; Office/Clerical
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Options: Remote / Work from Home in the US
Work Hours: 8:00 – 4:30
J. J. Keller is hiring a Jr. Buyer to join our Corporate Sourcing department! J. J. Keller is the nation’s leading provider of safety, compliance and regulatory solutions. At J. J. Keller we provide expert insights to do work that truly matters, and that’s protecting people and the businesses they run.
As the Jr. Buyer, you will purchase materials, goods, and services that meet the quality, cost, and delivery requirements of the company. This role offers the flexibility to work 100% at home.
Why J. J. Keller?
- 100% work from home
- Monday – Friday, with the ability to flex working time
- Annual Reviews, Merit Increases & Quarterly Bonus Program
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement, eligible your FIRST DAY
- 401(k) with Employer Match & Annual Profit Sharing
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO) + 8 Paid Company Holidays + 1 Paid Floating Holiday
- Partners with Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing and other internal teams as needed on purchasing strategies and sourcing, to include internally produced and externally purchased products.
- Confers with requesting departments to obtain information about specifications, potential sources, costs, etc.
- Sources and purchases goods and services in line with quality, quantity, specifications and other factors to have a positive impact on margin from a total cost of ownership perspective. Negotiates prices, terms and delivery methods.
- Calculates suggested selling prices based on mark-up schedules.
- Researches new vendors for future sources that fit with J. J. Keller’s stock or custom products.
- Monitors vendor performance and expedites delivery of purchased goods or services to ensure product or project is on time, is within cost estimates, meets specifications as outlined in Supplier Compliance Manual and meets customer expectations. Resolves vendor related issues to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and vendor.
- Reviews assigned products on an annual basis to identify new sources and develops purchasing strategies, targeting key suppliers for margin improvement initiatives.
- Manages and resolves invoice discrepancies with suppliers and internal Accounting team.
- As assigned, prepares custom quotes for internally produced products and externally brokered products. This includes:
- Working with internal team on bid requests.
- Developing estimated costs for internally produced products based on materials, time, equipment, etc. Assists with determining most efficient/cost-effective production methods.
- Processing internal quotes through HP-A system and external brokerage quotes via QuickBase application.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree in a related field plus two additional years of directly related experience may be considered.
- CPM or related certificate preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a purchasing role.
- Experience in a Materials Management ERP system environment preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
- Negotiation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Collaborative verbal and written communication skills.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for extended periods of time. Occasional travel to offsite offices, customer sites and/or industry and training events may also be required, depending on assignment.
At J. J. Keller, we are Difference Makers because the work we do truly matters. We protect people’s lives every day. In fact, more than 90% of Fortune® 1000 companies rely on J. J. Keller to help create safe work environments. View our CAREERS video to learn more about being a Difference Maker at J. J. Keller and click here to learn what our associates have to say about life as an associate at J.J. Keller.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.! If you experience system-related issues or need assistance with the online application, please call (920) 720-7700.
Not the right role for you, but know someone who could be a great fit? Refer them to us through our Professional Referral Program and you will earn a cash payment if your referral is hired. Learn more here.
J. J. Keller provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply): Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan, etc. The compensation range for this role in Colorado is $50,375.00 to $61,975.00. Compensation and benefits information for this position is being included in accordance with requirements of the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Note that J. J. Keller is not currently recruiting employees to work in California. J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Oshkosh
Nearest Secondary Market: Appleton
Job Segment: Compliance, Procurement, Purchasing, Buyer, Supply Chain, Legal, Operations, Finance