State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for person with ‘can do’ attitude, that can work independently and with a team. Person should have financial background and be able to work in dynamic environment with changing priorities.
Why this role is important to us:
Successful candidate will be working on Geneva conversion project which is one of the most important projects for AIS business in the coming years. This role is crucial for transforming the way we work.
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively with Conversion Lead / Support Leads / Location Leads / NAV Teams and ensure conversion plan is progressing as planned
- Implement the fund checklist across NAV Team and ensure it is updated and stored in Collab site on a regular basis
- Meet with the conversion team weekly to provide and receive project updates
- Escalate to Geneva leads when significant issues arise or client/fund go live is effected due to dates not being met
- Assist business teams in the reconciliation process using Geneva
What we value:
This candidate would require
- Strong understanding of Financial products
- Certain knowledge on accounting system and NAV valuation E2E process (IGLS is plus)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with NAV teams effectively to resolve any potential issues that might arise during the course of conversion
- Strong organizational skills to co-operate with other Geneva project stakeholders to address any technical issues
- Strong time management skills – ability to prioritize tasks and perform effectively
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Professional accounting or finance qualification and/or Master’s degree a plus.
- 3-5 years working experience in accounting / financial services related environment
- candidate with at least basic Geneva experience is a plus
What we offer
• Permanent contract from day one
• Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
• VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
• Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
• Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
• Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
• Variety of well-being programms
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers