Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Meta strives to respect the rights of its users and ensure that their data is used in a legal and authorized manner. Understanding that there is limitless potential for the use of personal data, Meta is committed to the development of a robust Global Privacy Team that is ready to take on the challenge of safeguarding and preserving the privacy choices of every individual user. Doing that at unprecedented scale is an awesome challenge. With a global community of 2 billion+ people, we must think differently about how we deliver privacy at scale and speed. As a result, we are working on exciting problems; many of which have never before been seen. We are seeking an experienced business and program management leader for the Director of Privacy Operations position. This person will be a critical part of Meta’s Central Privacy Program and lead the efforts related to the external facing aspects of the annual FTC Audit. Our Privacy program management team is chartered to ensure our program meets internal standards, regulatory requirements, and applies industry best practices to our Privacy audit landscape. This leader will be responsible for defining and delivering highly scalable, reliable, leading-edge business strategy, compliance, program management, and technical expertise to develop operational efficiencies and effective solutions. We are looking for someone who is passionate about people, technology, compliance, and program management with a resilient and agile mindset to drive results. The Director of Privacy Program Operations will lead a team of operational privacy professionals that work across the company to deliver both compliance and operational excellence within the global Privacy Program. As a leader, the ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats and provide coherent direction to both internal and external teams. This role sits squarely within a fast-paced, dynamic environment that continually presents opportunities to produce solutions for a wide variety of interesting and often complex challenges. The leader required for this role will have a demonstrated track record of being an innovative, intellectually curious problem solver capable of guiding, coaching, and mentoring a team to accomplish the impossible. This person does not need to have the “correct” answer to everything but, rather, should be able to quickly drive the conversation toward a productive programmatic solution by including the right people, process, and technology. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
Director, Privacy Program Operations, Assessor Support Office Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead from the front and manage employees, showing care for team members, investing in their development, as well as holding them accountable for measurable impact
- Streamline the requests and requirements of the ASO. This will include establishing and managing common processes, standards and methodologies for assessor requests and feedback both internally and externally
- Be a key partner to the external Assessor to help guide the privacy program
- Establish a playbook for how each domain is managed to allow for continuity for internal and external stakeholders
- Continual maturing of the current framework for managing and tracking all requests including common templates, workflows, metrics, etc.
- Develop standard operating procedures for all parties
- Work with external parties to develop key KPIs and measures of success
- Evolve the communication engine for internal and external stakeholders
- Exercise sound and practical business judgment and the ability to think strategically and implement practical and “actionable” solutions
- Demonstrate an ability to structure an organization and optimize it for execution, including attracting top tier talent and filing out gaps in the existing team quickly to accommodate growth
- Be motivated by the opportunity to solve privacy problems within an operations environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Risk Management, or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience on multiple large-scale, complex programs that impact the organization’s trajectory with a track record of delivering business value using technology solutions while being able to walk the line between technology and business (such as with Legal, Policy, Finance, and HR)
- Experience developing robust operations within ambiguity and shifting priorities while maintaining organization and control
- 15+ years program management leadership experience, with effective communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing stakeholders and engineers, including “roll-up the sleeves” type of collaboration within a diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Experience in building new teams/functions, managing the uncertainty of high-growth teams
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners with experience capturing concepts, status, and impact
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership, and has a track record of thinking strategically and executing tactically
- Analytical and creative problem-solving experience with large-scale programs, and capable of interpreting bottlenecks in complex systems with attention to detail
- Experience in end-to-end strategy to implementation, moving programs from concept to completion while maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Experience in vendor management and negotiations
- Work experience in risk management, data privacy, security, and data governance in an information technology environment, as well as monitoring, audit or effectiveness testing
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.