You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
- The Chief Representative is responsible for positioning the brand and discussing in general terms the role of BNY Mellon in the financial services sector with Customers and prospective clients; managing BNY Mellon’s relationship with local regulatory authorities and ensuring that all activities of the Representative Office are undertaken in accordance with the Representative Office Policy I-A-055 and local licensing permissions.
- Position the brand and discuss in general terms the role of BNY Mellon in the financial services sector. Attend industry events and conferences (in a non-speaking / non-hosting capacity) to remain visible in the market and remain current on industry trends and competitor services/offerings.
- Responsible for administrative activities to maintain and operate the Rep Office, such as settling Rep Office specific contracts (i.e. lease, utility provider, employment contracts (including termination thereof)), authorizing payment for costs incurred by the Rep Office.
- Act as a representative for BNY Mellon’s Representative Office before local regulators and local courts (and in accordance with their Power of Attorney).
- Support, coordinate and track BNY Mellon employees travelling to the region. Ensure all activities of the Rep Office are undertaken in accordance with license permissions and otherwise ensure local regulatory requirements applicable to the Rep Office and BNY Mellon policy requirements are met. Provide guidance to Rep Office Staff.
- Obtain and upload KYC documentation of Customers and potential clients on behalf of the accountable individual, both during on-boarding and subsequent periodic reviews. Support the Relationship Manager in responding to alerts or inquiries regarding suspicious or unusual activity.
- Introduce potential clients and new contacts employed by Customers to Relationship Managers and support the Relationship Managers with local language and market knowledge. Proactively provide “outside in” information on the market and competitor activity to Relationship Managers. Forward requests, enquires or instructions to BNY Mellon, acting “as a mail box” between Customers/potential clients and BNY Mellon. Direct manager of all local staff in the Representative Office.
- Position the brand and discuss in general terms the role of BNY Mellon in the financial services sector with Customers and prospective clients; manage BNY Mellon’s relationship with local regulatory authorities and ensure that all activities of the Representative Office are undertaken in accordance with the Representative Office Policy I-A-055 and local licensing permissions.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 7-10 years’ work experience in a financial services or governance role is preferred, as is prior experience in Representative Office.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required. In depth understanding of local/cultural nuances and local market knowledge is required. In some locations, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.