You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Trade Support Analyst – Middle Office
This Middle Office position sits at the center of the investment management process in a support role. The general day to day duties consist of confirming trades and ensuring their settlement. In that process you interact with everyone in the trade cycle, from traders and portfolio managers. Brokers, custodians, and a number of internal areas. We cover money markets and the BNY Mellon boutiques that operate in them. The work is highly time sensitive and requires an attention to detail, the ability to take on responsibility and work in a team setting supporting a number of businesses and a number of currencies.
- Serves as a lead for the day-to-day operations of a Middle Office support team, providing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters.
- Leads the daily activities of a Middle Office support team servicing multiple funds.
- Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting.
- Supervises the tracking of fund data and trades, as well as the maintenance of records.
- Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes and procedures to improve team efficiency and best support the Middle Office support team.
- Searches for fail points in processes and provides error reports to clients in compliance with established service level agreements.
- Reviews error reports from more junior team members and provides feedback.
- Ensures error reports from support staff comply with service level agreements before they are shared with Middle Office teams.
- Escalates external errors.
- Correction of internal errors is at the discretion of the client. Reviews for exceptions.
- If exceptions are found, confirms that internal and client procedures were followed, processing was on time and in line with FCC regulations and no unnecessary steps were taken.
- Checks exceptions identified by more junior level team members.
- Dictates how support team handles incorrectly managed exceptions and enforces adherence to procedures.
- Leads team in preparing system-generated reports.
- Sets standards for teams report output to be shared with client teams.
- Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with Middle Office teams.
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
- May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions. Supports the achievement of team objectives.
High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelors degree a plus, mutual fund industry background preferred. 3-5 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in accounting support or the mutual fund industry preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.