The Administrative Assistant 2 follows established procedures and guidelines to provide timely and effective secretarial support to an office, business unit, department, or other organization. Answers telephones, screens calls, and takes messages so callers/visitors are attended to promptly, courteously, and accurately. The Administrative Assistant 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Work assignments involves the Auto-Dialer applications and functions, facilitates and participates with Onboarding activities, processes, filters and monitors the departmental mail. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Administrative Assistant 2 transcribes, types, formats, and proofreads a variety of material (e.g., correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches, and presentations) using word processing, presentation, graphics and spreadsheet software. Coordinates internal and external meetings which may involve scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements for attendees, and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available. Manages the appointments and schedules of applicable staff. Uses office equipment such as photocopiers, faxes, and printers. Additional responsibilities may include Auto-dialer activities and applications, distributing and preparing incoming and outgoing mail, and maintaining office supplies or other inventory, facilitate and participate in Onboarding activities. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple or competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and prioritize workload
- Hybrid Office Setting: Travel required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Previous administrative or related experiences
- Experience with internet research and proof-reading/editing
Scheduled Weekly Hours