Axios gets you smarter, faster with news and information that matters.
Chief Financial Officer
As CFO, you will be working with our CEO and President to ensure our fast-paced organizational vision translates into profitable and sustainable businesses.
You need to have strong interpersonal skills, be a high performer, results driven, innovator, and strategic thinker. In line with traditional CFO skills and accounting responsibility, you must be a strategic financial business partner with a proven track record of leadership, and effective at getting things done. You will report to the CEO of Axios.
- Serve as a member of the Axios C-Suite team and participate in strategic initiatives surrounding the operation and operating model of Axios.
- Be results driven and experience operating in a fast-paced company with super high expectations.
- You need to be a person of high talent AND high character, someone your colleagues would rave about as a rare first-class leader AND selfless colleague.
- Be a business partner to the CEO and President of Axios and bring insights that support the company’s growth and profitability.
- Strategic financial business partner to our executive team that will provide guidance and sustainability that aids in growth supported by financial and contextual data which tell the complete story and support recommended plans.
- Assess and report on organizational performance to include but not limited to monthly, YTD, annualized budget/forecast targets as well as long term strategy.
- Key Contact for Investor Relations and Board Members and overall responsibility for consolidating our investor reports and Board presentations.
- Key performer that will be hands-on in addition to a proactive thinker and partner to the organization to drive financial results in line with profitability.
- Partner with the Head of Operations & Head of HR to ensure key hires are in line with plan.
- Oversee all aspects of financial processes within the department. This is to include but not limited to all accounting functions, payroll, pricing, procurement, AR/AP, cash management, Controllership, and FP&A.
- Key Contact for internal and external audit and must have full understanding of IFRS and all audit compliance regulations.
- Guidance of SOX regulations within the organization to ensure operational and financial compliance is adhered to.
- Encourage positive motivation, growth orientation, and collaborative environment in connection with key organization values.
- Cultivate and grow a department through mentorship and guidance.
We are a company brimming with ideas and potential. You will help us build on our success by continuously optimizing our business lines to generate growth and long term profitability. We are obsessed with simplicity and transparency, so if either scares you, this job is not for you. Our aim is to be the most important, best run, most profitable, finest place to work in the media world.
We are a culture of activation and motion, so your job would be to maintain the velocity while architecting a company that can crush it at 4000+ people worldwide.
If this is you: call us!