Deutsche Bank is a tech-driven provider of financial services, offering corporate, investment, private, retail, and asset management products on a global scale.
Job Title: Corporate Bank Americas Divisional Control Office – One Bank Non-Financial Risk
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
You will be joining the Corporate Bank (CB) Americas Divisional Control Office (DCO) and will be part of a new team that is building out our Non-Financial Risk (NFR) capabilities. You will play a key role in helping to define and implement a sustainable CB-wide 1st Line of Defense (1LoD) control framework to address NFR, delivering against a One Bank Key Deliverable, and supporting the management of Corporate Bank Americas within DCO. You’ll support the Division by contributing to development, implementation, and maintenance of a risk culture, ensuring a strong and sustainable control environment whilst minimizing risks and issues arising from Non-Financial Risk factors’ covers Bank’s non-financial risks, including Operational and Reputational Risk. This includes aiding the Business to appropriately identify, assess, mitigate, monitor, report, and escalate non-financial risks across more than 90 non-financial risk types.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Coordination and management of specific aspects of NFR Framework implementation for CB DCO, including Control Framework; support overall NFR Framework implementation across CB division (NFR Governance, Scenario Analysis, Read-Across, Reporting, Risk Assessment and Appetite, and Transformation Risk Assessments)
- Assist the Divisional Control Officer for CB Americas in regional-aligned NFR activities such as Regulatory preparation; drive tighter integration of the Regulatory Compliance Association (RCA) with other regional non-financial risk management (NFRM) framework components, including Control Assessment, Risk Appetite, Metrics, and Comprehensive Capital Analysis Review (CCAR) Stress Testing
- Support on Regulatory exam management, advising regional CB Americas heads and Business control functions on regulatory asks and responses
- Monitor key metrics, flagging issues/breaches; collaborate with the Business and Second Line of Defense (2LoD) stakeholders in evolving information and link to wider NFR Framework elements
- Continuous review/renewal of overall environment for consistency and alignment with 2LoD control standards
- Partner with global NFRM framework colleagues to implement industry-wide best practices for risk management and ensure global alignment
Your Skills and Experience:
- Detail oriented; strong PowerPoint and Project Management skillset with proven record of owning and delivering on tasks; demonstrable & relevant Operational Risk Management, Business Controls, Audit, or Management Consulting experience within financial services
- Relevant Regulatory and regulatory exam experience
- Expertise in risk and control assessment techniques, risk appetite, and other operational risk framework elements
- Highly proactive and motivated self-starter; able to thrive in fast-paced environments and meet competing and changing deadlines
- Team player with proven track record of collaboration and evidence of developing excellent working relationships with business partners to facilitate successful risk management
How You’ll Lead:
- A natural manger, able to develop strong alliances with everyone
- Experienced in engaging with diverse levels of management
- Entrepreneurial, with an innovative and inquisitive mind-set
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.