Share Local Media
Share Local Media (SLM) is reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies.
Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great – we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Marketing Associate to join our rapidly growing team.
You’ll be responsible for leading planning and execution of DM campaigns for well-known consumer brands, interacting with clients on a daily basis, providing post-campaign analytics and reporting, and thinking strategically about how to optimize future campaigns.
We’re a startup, so we’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for marketing, and enthusiasm for working with clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead tactical and strategic planning on end-to-end direct mail programs for a portfolio of brand partners
- Oversee day to day communications for brand partners & internal vendors
- Provide regular performance updates to business owners and serve as the channel owner in making recommendations, and sharing best practices
- Evaluate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to test and grow campaigns
- Conduct new client outreach and onboarding
- Develop and execute direct mail marketing strategies to efficiently drive new customer acquisition for our partners
- Evaluate campaign performance to optimize for cost per customer acquired and other ROI metrics
- Track program performance (quantitative & qualitative tracking) and provide strategic recommendations for testing and optimizing campaigns
- Suggest tactics and strategies to improve performance and enhance overall campaign and reporting effectiveness
No day at Share Local Media will be the same but a typical day could include the following activities
- Developing a mail plan strategy for a new or existing client
- Managing the timeline & follow ups for any mailings currently in progress
- Status calls/meetings with clients & vendors
- Analyzing and leveraging results to optimize future campaigns
- Troubleshooting campaign issues and addressing client issues
- 1-3+ years of relevant experience in marketing, sales, or finance
- Passion for marketing, customer acquisition, and account management
- Strong sense of urgency and great time management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Very comfortable with analytics and taking a data-driven approach to marketing
- The ability to work independently and manage relationships
- Experience interfacing directly with clients, customers or agencies
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips (Currently Virtual)
The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.